Record button not showing on specific program on web site
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

I am trying to record the Michelle Obama special on CNN tomorrow night at 9pm.  I went to the web site to do it because the STB guide is extremely cumbersome.  The program information is not showing correctly for this program - the record button is hidden.  I tried on both Safari and Chrome.  I have seen this before.

0 Likes
Re: Record button not showing on specific program on web site
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you see DVR content from website?

That would be one reason it won't record is if it can't control DVR.

What do you find cumbersome with guide?

It should be as simple as hitting guide button, enter CH 600

Use feed button to jump top wed and then arrow back to show. Hit record

0 Likes
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1
To clarify the issue with the web interface is apparently a bug. The record button was not showing properly. If you look at CNN at 9pm EST tonight, the Michelle O'bama special, yesterday the record button was not showing at all when you click on the program in the guide. Today the record button is 2/3 showing.

As for cumbersome - I find the guide extremely slow - I have new cable boxes. Also I cannot actually figure out how to move between days. You mention the feed button - which one is that? An interface for watching TV should be simple enough that anyone can sit down and use it without training.

Almost every modern interface (Apple TV, roku, etc.) employs some sort of menu you can see on the screen that makes it easy to move quickly to different days, etc.

I didn't want to get into a discussion about the intuitiveness of the interface. I merely wanted to report that after being unable to figure out how to move between days (hopefully once I figure out where the feed button is I solve that problem - thanks), I went to the web and there appeared to be an error in the interface that thwarted my efforts to record a show.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, hit by spell check.

It is the FWD button (right hand side just above REC).

Moving back a day is REW.

Next and Prev move 2.5 hours forward and back.

CH + - moves guide up and down 1 page at a time

Hope this helps.

SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks - that is helpful.  Why is it so slow?  Hitting FWD will advance a day but it can take anywhere from 1 second to advance to 3-4 seconds.  Everything seems so slow when navigating through the menus etc.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been a comment for a while.

It seems to me that the most current days are faster than days as you move forward.

As they continue to provide software upgrades, there are hopes it will get better.

0 Likes