Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Recorded NBC Shows Not Playing Back

CommMajor101
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Recorded NBC Shows Not Playing Back

Message 1 of 4
(990 Views)

Hello,

I was just wondering if I was the only one having issues playing back recorded NBC programs? This happened before, too. The show will record, it'll have thumbnail pictures, show the full show playing time, every indication that the show recorded properly, but when I hit play it just goes black then eventually returns to my DVR's main screen. Very odd. And it's only NBC. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
lacticacidtrip
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Recorded NBC Shows Not Playing Back

Message 2 of 4
(931 Views)

These boards are full of posts regarding recordings that cannot be played. I don't get them as often as I used to. Some people report that it happens more often on certain channels. I'm not sure that anyone knows the answer. I just tried and failed the other day to help someone recover an unplayable HBO recording. So other than letting you know that you're not alone, I'm not much help.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

20Hz
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(833 Views)

Absolutely but not just one network. I have 6 or more hours of shows which will not play. This is very frustrating. I'm going to contact support (again) and request credit to watch from 'on demand'.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(793 Views)

Doubt you will get a credit.  Note that most NBC primetime shows have free VOD.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title