Recovering a deleted DVR show
kjak18

I noticed my DVR was filling up with space so I was trying to delete shows that had been watched or that somehow had gotten double recordings. I fixed the double recordings issues.

In deleting some programs, I deleted something that I did not mean to and want to know if there is a way to recover it. I tried searching in this forum before I posted for a resolution. When I go to the DVR button on a TV in a bedroom and go down to configure & upgrade, there's no option for the recently deleted. I only see "skip" "replay" "change dar service" "DVR promotions." Do I have to do it from the main hub? Or am I completely out of luck with not being able to find it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recovering a deleted DVR show
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are referring to the FiOS App.

You can also do it straight from the DVR.

From the DVR menu go to Configure and Upgrade.

Choose recent deletes and the select the program you want.
You will then have the option to recover it.

Keep in mind that you can only recover recently deleted shows.

The more shows you record and delete, the less time you have and disk space gets reused.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB/DVR do you have?

Have you tried it from the DVR itself?

KarenVGD
Enthusiast - Level 1

if you go to the app on your phone and go to TV/DVR/slide down till you see deleted and all of your show will be there that you deleted - click on the particular show and it will ask you if you want to retrieve it back you will click yes and it will go back for you to view

newbie12

i read your solution to retrieve a mistakenly deleted recording but i don't know what app on my phone i would need. thank you

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are referring to the FiOS App.

You can also do it straight from the DVR.

From the DVR menu go to Configure and Upgrade.

Choose recent deletes and the select the program you want.
You will then have the option to recover it.

Keep in mind that you can only recover recently deleted shows.

The more shows you record and delete, the less time you have and disk space gets reused.

grandmom115
  • I go under configure and upgrade but I don’t have anywhere to restore my deleted shows I was under manage delete and deleted them by mistake but I want to see if I can get them back 
0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@grandmom115 wrote:
  • I go under configure and upgrade but I don’t have anywhere to restore my deleted shows I was under manage delete and deleted them by mistake but I want to see if I can get them back 

If you deleted them from recent deletes, they are permanently deleted, much like emptying your trash on an e-mail app, or emptying your recycle bin in Windows.