Re: NFL RedZone in Ultimate Pkg
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received an E-Mail tonight, stating that you can subscribe to it by remote, after August 23. Ultimate subscribers still get it for free.

My problem: I have no set-top boxes. I use a CableCARD-based device. Therefore, I have no prompts to follow. Hopefully, VZ can just add it for me over the phone, when their call center is open again.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

This year they are doing it differently.  Those with Ultimate have to activate it.  I wonder if this lets them count only those who activate as subscribers and so pay the NFL less.

copy of email

NFL RedZone - Channel Update

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Are you ready for some football? The start of the NFL season is just around the corner and as a FiOS TV Ultimate subscriber we’re excited to continue giving you access to the NFL RedZone on channels (335 SD or 835 HD) at no additional charge.

To view the NFL RedZone channel this season you simply need to tune to channels (335 SD or 835 HD) on your STB on or after August 23, 2012, and activate the service by selecting the “OK” button and following the prompts. That’s it! No other action will be required from you.

See you September 9, 2012, for the first game of the season!

Thank you for being a FiOS TV Ultimate subscriber.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team 

0 Likes
n4cr2k

I too have a cable card only setup.  Thus no prompts to "activate" the channel.  I just called VZ and they said since I had the channel last year once September 9th rolls over I should see the content.  I as skeptical as other people who activated the channel can at least see the splash screen.  I have a feeling I'll need to call back in September. 

Let me know if any of you other cable card users find a solution.  The only other thing I could think of is if VZ would send me a STB and let me activate the channel, and return it and  just credit me for the box?

0 Likes
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been over a week, and I'm still staring at a "Subscription Required" message on my Media Center PC. I've made several calls during the week, talking to several different levels of support. Still, nobody seems to know what to do to add this channel back to my lineup.

If I call to order HBO, or change my programming packages, they can activate/deactivate those channels from the office. What the *#$! makes this channel so different, and so difficult??

I'm ready to schedule a truck roll to order a box, activate the channel, and hand the box back to the tech. Is that what it's going to take?!

Hello? Verizon? Are you there??

0 Likes
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

All worked as the instructed!  We'll be watching 9-9.

Thank you Verizon.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@jasonacg wrote:

It's been over a week, and I'm still staring at a "Subscription Required" message on my Media Center PC. I've made several calls during the week, talking to several different levels of support. Still, nobody seems to know what to do to add this channel back to my lineup.

If I call to order HBO, or change my programming packages, they can activate/deactivate those channels from the office. What the *#$! makes this channel so different, and so difficult??

I'm ready to schedule a truck roll to order a box, activate the channel, and hand the box back to the tech. Is that what it's going to take?!

Hello? Verizon? Are you there??

If you don't have a Verizon box its hard, but not impossible, to get them to enable NFL redzone.  If you do have a box its easy.

Best of luck getting someone at 1-800-Verizon to understand your problem.

0 Likes
NFL RedZone
joecct771
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Ultimate Package, I have "subscribed" on Channel 835 when the notice came out.  Today, I cannot get the RedZone, and every time I contact customer service I get "no one answers the phone, we're hanging up."

That's lousy customer service, but why cannot I get RedZone??

Re: RedZone is not working!
mprego60
Having the same problem, this is nonsense
0 Likes
YourTeamSucks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called three different times and got three different answers! I am now on hold (51 minutes and counting) **bleep**?! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ccathcart609

After chatting with an agent: "I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We are facing some errors right now, and all the customers are not able to watch the NFL Red Zone channel. "

0 Likes