Release 1.9 in VHO 7 (NJ)
dmte73

Does anyone know when FIOS TV Release 1.9 will roll out to NJ (VHO 7). 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Release 1.9 in VHO 7 (NJ)
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

I've heard 1.9 will start rolling again next week. So, you can get it anytime between now and the end of tme. 🙂

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

It is Verizon's policy to never comment or provide dates on the rollout of the IMG software.  Verizon began the rollout and stopped to address some minor issues and should be ready to begin additionaly rollouts shortly.

We all await anxiously for the update.

oneintouch
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dmte73 wrote:

Does anyone know when FIOS TV Release 1.9 will roll out to NJ (VHO 7). 

Thanks

Hi,

Being in VHO 7 myself, I asked Joe Ambeault of Verizon about our rollout when they had the Q&A on this forum.  Again, he wasn't able to give dates, but he said VHO 7 is in the "middle of the pack" of the rollout schedule. 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Same for VHO 5, middle of the pack

Justin46
Legend

And Joe said VHO01 would be near the end of the rollout Smiley Sad But what the heck, I am just enjoying my new 7232 and my wife is enjoying using the multi-room capability for watching (and apparently re-watching) American Idol Smiley Very Happy

I am most definitely looking forward to 1.9, but I want it to work when I get it, I am very willing to wait until Verizon gets it right.

Keller, TX 76248

BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

VHO2 (FL) is supposed to be near the beginning and we haven't received it yet.  Joe advised they are making some tweaks based on feedback from the initial markets.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

And Joe said VHO01 would be near the end of the rollout Smiley Sad But what the heck, I am just enjoying my new 7232 and my wife is enjoying using the multi-room capability for watching (and apparently re-watching) American Idol Smiley Very Happy

I am most definitely looking forward to 1.9, but I want it to work when I get it, I am very willing to wait until Verizon gets it right.

Keller, TX 76248

THAT'S the problem.. According to many that know, it DOES work now. All Verizon is doing is word-smithing a message that comes on the screen asking your TV format so it doesn't confuse people. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to handle that message one way or another without any changes. Yet, here I wait..

.. and wait..

.. and wait..

Justin46
Legend

@mphare wrote:

THAT'S the problem.. According to many that know, it DOES work now. All Verizon is doing is word-smithing a message that comes on the screen asking your TV format so it doesn't confuse people. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to handle that message one way or another without any changes. Yet, here I wait..

.. and wait..

.. and wait..

To me, that is NOT the problem. Based on what I have heard, which by the way is NOT from Verizon, is the word-smithing issue and the call volume as a result. We don't know for sure that that is the only problem, or even if it actually is the problem, because Verizon has not officially said anything about a problem or a delay, at least as far as I know. And who knows, Verizon may be taking advantage of this to fix a few other things too. I was not a beta tester, and I do not have 1.9 as I said, but I do know for sure that there are some other issues that were identified during the beta and were not fixed before the rollout started. Serious issues? Maybe, depends on your perspective I guess, what functions or features you plan to use.

Now, assuming that the only issue really is the word-smithing of a message. OK, you can handle it. But what about the millions of other people, can they? The answer is apparently no, based on the rumors on the call volume . Keep in mind Joe stated in the Meet the Expert that they have 3.5 million TV customers and 10 million STBs out there (at least I think those were the numbers he used). How many of those users are technically competent to read and understand a confusing message? Based on some of the posts here at the forums (in lots of areas, not just FiOS TV), not many IMHO.   

One more thing; I think you need to keep in mind that much of what you are seeing as comments about how good it is, are coming from users, each of whom have not necessarily tried out all of the new capabilities. For example, one of the most outspoken people over at DSLReports saying how good 1.9 is, how well it works, does not have a multi-DVR environment. Does that function fully work? I don't know, and he doesn't either. And by the way, I am not criticizing that user, I have had some interactions with him in the past, and he is a good guy. But he cannot and has not tested everything, partly because of his hardware configuration and partly I guess due to his interests.

Just curious, what is it in 1.9 that you are so eager for? I have had FiOS TV for more than 5 1/2 years, yeah there is some stuff I want, but for me, when it comes, it comes, and I really just want it to all work. If it is days, weeks, or a month or two before I get 1.9 really doesn't matter that much to me.

To each his own I guess..... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

mphare
Contributor - Level 2

I'm confused, Justin.

Does it work or not?

You say you just want it to work.. impling it doesn't work.

Yet you also admit the only known problem is the wording of a startup screen.

To me, that's not broke. I don't care what  one time startup screen says, I'll figure out how to get past it.

If it's broke then I'm with you, Vz should fix it.

But it's not broke, then I'm aggregavated that it's on hold so they can word-smith a startup screen that I don't even care about

The one feature I'm looking for is the Multi-hub DVR, so I have the same capability as the MRV I had with my TiVos before.