Re: Release 1.9 in VHO 7 (NJ)
Justin46
Legend

@mphare wrote:

I'm confused, Justin.

Does it work or not?

You say you just want it to work.. impling it doesn't work.

Yet you also admit the only known problem is the wording of a startup screen.

To me, that's not broke. I don't care what  one time startup screen says, I'll figure out how to get past it.

If it's broke then I'm with you, Vz should fix it.

But it's not broke, then I'm aggregavated that it's on hold so they can word-smith a startup screen that I don't even care about

The one feature I'm looking for is the Multi-hub DVR, so I have the same capability as the MRV I had with my TiVos before.

Yes, I want it to work. Does it work? I don't know. I know what I have read about the issue relating to wording of a message; since I haven't seen it I have no way to know if that is really a problem. Are there other problems? Yes there are, or at least were, based on the experiences of the beta testers (and to repeat, I am not one of those). Are the problems serious? I don't know. Were any/all fixed after the beta testers finished and the rollout began? I am pretty sure the answer to this is no. But then again, there is always, always, always going to be bugs in software.

And not knowing is the issue, at least to me. I don't know, you don't know, the others who are posting don't know. I guess the only ones who know are the Verizon developers, and they appear to not be talking. I wish Verizon would put out some kind of official statement on the status of 1.9, but based on past experience, I don't think that is going to happen.

So where does that leave us? Well, waiting I guess. And I for one am very happy to wait until they fix whatever they think needs to be fixed. I don't care what it is, big, little, easy to fix, hard to fix, whatever, fix it first.

I can understand the desire for multi-hub. But is it really that big a deal that you are willing to take software that may not work, or may not work well? I only have one DVR so that feature is not important to me, about the only new feature I care about (at least that I know of) is the ability to schedule and delete recordings from the other STBs. But I can wait days, weeks, or even months if that is necessary for Verizon to deliver a product that truely works.

All of the above assumes that the rollout has been delayed or stopped; has it? Do we know for sure, or is it all just rumors, internet noise?

We will just have to agree to disagree on this I guess. But I honestly don't understand the apparent need to get 1.9 NOW; yes it has new function, some of it very nice apparently, but certainly not needed to watch TV, which is the primary reason I have FiOS TV.

Keller, TX 76248

mphare
Contributor - Level 2

I have no grip with you (or anyone else for that matter) I'm sorry if I came off too strong. It was unintentional.

Justin46
Legend

@mphare wrote:

I have no grip with you (or anyone else for that matter) I'm sorry if I came off too strong. It was unintentional.

No issue, you have your views and I have mine. Disagreeing is what internet forums are for aren't they? Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

nascar
Master - Level 1

Regarding Multi Room and Multi Hub with 1.9...

There were many issue I reported from December to March with Multi Room and Multi Hub. Since the March update to 1.9, Multi Room and Multi Hub on 1.9 work very well.  I have two 7232's and one 7100.  I recommend 7x boxes for the full experience.

0 Likes