Relocated STB, Lost Picture
ZekeLB55
Enthusiast - Level 1
I switched my HD DVR QIP 7216 1 with a HD QIP 7100 1 I had hooked up to another TV in a different room.  Before the switch both boxes worked fine but after the switch I'm no longer getting a picture with the 7216.  The audio comes in fine but it looks like the tv is on the wrong input.  I checked the connection of the component wires and they are oriented correctly and connected firmly.  When I unplug the cable box and plug it back in I see video for a few seconds when it originally boots, but once the box shuts itself off during the boot the video is gone.  On the first TV the 7216 was hooked up using an HDMI cord but on the new TV its hooked up through component cords.  The only thing I can think of was that through some advance settings the video on the 7216 was set to put out through the hdmi out.  I can't use an HDMI cord on the new TV because it has no HDMI inputs, any advice would help.  thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Relocated STB, Lost Picture
ZekeLB55
Enthusiast - Level 1
I figured it out, under Menu: Settings: Video Settings: Video Format, I had to switch it to 1080i from 720p.  In order to change the setting I had to switch out the box to the old TV, then hook up the box to the new TV.  It worked fine after doing that.  I was curious if there was a way to enter advanced settings directly through the STB and not using the menu function.  With comcast boxes I know you could enter video settings by holding down the guide and info button down at the same time.  Thanks for the input though.  Hopefully anyone having a similar problem can reference this post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

Well the STB outputs on all connections at the same time. So you dont need to worry that the stb was set to "HDMI" or anything else. Now with the 7xxx series boxes the cable card can sometimes get stuck after loosing power. For this the best thing to is contact tech support so they can reload the STB.

It could be fault output or faulty cable also

ZekeLB55
Enthusiast - Level 1
I figured it out, under Menu: Settings: Video Settings: Video Format, I had to switch it to 1080i from 720p.  In order to change the setting I had to switch out the box to the old TV, then hook up the box to the new TV.  It worked fine after doing that.  I was curious if there was a way to enter advanced settings directly through the STB and not using the menu function.  With comcast boxes I know you could enter video settings by holding down the guide and info button down at the same time.  Thanks for the input though.  Hopefully anyone having a similar problem can reference this post.
0 Likes