Relocation of Fios Service
james6912
Hello. I am moving from my current apartment into another one across town and I would like to take my fios service with me. Has anyone ever had to move thier Fios service to another location?  Does anyone know if they will remove the current equipment I have have installed or do they leave that and install all new equipment?  If anyone has any insight on moving fios it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.
0 Likes
Re: Relocation of Fios Service
Techman28
Master - Level 1

James6912

You can do both if you prefer. If there has been existing service at your new apartment before we can just get everything turned on. The Verizon only equipment you will want to take is your router and your stb's everything else would stay at the old location. Now if you want a FT out to give you new equipment then you can have that as well. Its your choice in the long run

0 Likes
james6912
the new location has IO cable andnot fios.  they installed a box on the outside of my current location when they installed everything.  I doubt the landlord would want that hanging there when I left so I guess its possible to remove that and install it on the new location.  I also need to add internet service would anything else need to be installed for that?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

James6912

The Landlord if he wished that it be removed is fine..We will need to have you call in to have a Ticket put in for the ONT to be removed and Battery Back Up removed

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
James I have done a few fios moves. Just take the boxes and router and leave everything else behind. Verizon will install new equipment at the new location.
0 Likes