Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Remote Control Issue

scd97
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Control Issue

Message 1 of 3
(560 Views)

All of a sudden, my remote control is working poorly. It controls my tv just fine, but it's not doing a good job controlling the guide. It went from being able to change a channel or use any of the features when it was pointed in basically any direction in the room to now only being able to work properly some of the time when it's less than 3 inches away from the STB. When the STB does respond to the remote, it seems like the buttons are getting stuck - it scrolls through screens in the guide very quickly. I've replaced the batteries. I'm not sure what else to do.

2 REPLIES 2
Tiara
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Remote Control Issue

Message 2 of 3
(547 Views)

Hi,

Call Verizon and request a replacement of your remote and tell them your remote  is not working properly.

You have already replaced the batteries so that is not the issue .

It should take 1-2 days to receive.  They are generally very prompt.

Hope this solves your problem with remote.

nysnowbird92
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Remote Control Issue

Message 3 of 3
(513 Views)

box delay problems

i have the same problem and i don't think it's your remote but the communication and speed of the guide itself..  the link above is an entire topic on this (my posts are page 8 to 10)..  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title