Remote Control Issues
DallasGuy

Issue - My old FIOS TV box died a couple days ago so I had to get a new box.  The new dvr stb is a Motorola QIP7200 series.  From the moment I hooked up the box the remote would not work.  I spent hours on the phone with the FIOS techs resetting the box, deactivating/reactiviting the box, etc....nothing worked!  Nothing!

Solution - So, I'm at wits end and I find this forum.  I saw a couple of issues regarding the IR frequency and the TV settings.  I have a Phillips 42" 42PFL5603D TV, which has a "power saver" feature that dramatically reduced the power by dimming the picture based on the ambient light in the room.  The TV was set to the Power Saver mode and as soon as I changed the setting, the remote worked perfectly fine.

Question - Is there any way that I can get my STB to work while my TV is in Power Saver mode?  I never had this problem with my old STB. 

0 Likes
Re: Remote Control Issues
Hawkfan

Does the remote work at all?  If the tv is turned off does the  set top box respond to remote commands? is it all functions fo the remote (ie..power/menu/guid/volume).  Do you have other boxes in the house?  Does the remote work with those boxes?

0 Likes