Remote Control Needs Backlit Number Buttons
furry
Enthusiast - Level 3

The standard RC1445301 Remote Control has backlighting on all normally used buttons except the most important ones when using the device in the dark.  I'd prefer not disturbing my sleeping wife by turning on a light so that the number buttons can be used to select channels.

Is there a more recent model on which the 1 through 0 buttons are backlit?  If not, there should be.

0 Likes
Re: Remote Control Needs Backlit Number Buttons
Davidgro
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree 100%!!!  Please provide remotes with backlit number keys!!  (You can get rid of the FIOS TV button... I never use it.)
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Davidgro wrote:
I agree 100%!!!  Please provide remotes with backlit number keys!!  (You can get rid of the FIOS TV button... I never use it.)

Never use the FiOS TV button? Wow, I use the FiOS TV button regularly, it is the one-click quick and easy way to get back to live TV after rewinding and re-watching part of a program or when I want to temporarily discontinue watching a recorded program and watch live TV. Very useful....

As for lighted buttons, if so fine, but I don't think I would have any use for them being lighted, I have the numbered button pattern burned into my brain now, I can easily select any channel in a totally dark room  Smiley Very Happy 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
furry
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin,

You wrote:

"Wow, I use the FiOS TV button regularly, it is the one-click quick and easy way to get back to live TV after rewinding and re-watching part of a program or when I want to temporarily discontinue watching a recorded program and watch live TV. Very useful....

As for lighted buttons, if so fine, but I don't think I would have any use for them being lighted,"

That's all well and good if the TV is connected to a DVR.  However, my DVR is in another room when I'm trying to use the remote on a set with a standard STB (bedroom).  Therefore, no rewinding, no re-watching and no discontinuing watching a recorded program involved here.

I just want what most non-FiOS remotes have - lighted numeric buttons.

0 Likes
Reaper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you really expect Verizon to replace the millions of remotes in the field? Do you have any idea what that would cost?

Don't hold your breath. Instead, get yourself a good universal remote. I use the Harmony One. And while it's expensive, they do have many less expensive models, especially on eBay.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-20-2009 03:56 PM
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@furry wrote:

Justin,

That's all well and good if the TV is connected to a DVR.  However, my DVR is in another room when I'm trying to use the remote on a set with a standard STB (bedroom).  Therefore, no rewinding, no re-watching and no discontinuing watching a recorded program involved here.

I just want what most non-FiOS remotes have - lighted numeric buttons.

Furry Smiley Mad

1) My response re: FiOS TV button was directed to Davidgro, not you, which I thought was obvious since I quoted his post. I really don't care whether you have a DVR or not or have a use for the FiOS TV button or not, I do and I use it, and I would not be happy if I had to replace my remote with a new one from Verizon that did not have that function. Just like you are not happy that the numeric buttons are not lighted....

2) As I said re: lighted button, "if so fine", I have no need for or interest in lighted numeric buttons, but if the buttons were lighted it would not bother me. I don't oppose your view, I just don't think lighted buttons are necessary. Just my opinion.

3) I think Reaper has it right, just go buy a universal remote that has the features you want.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
furry
Enthusiast - Level 3

No Reaper, I surely don't "really expect Verizon to replace the millions of remotes in the field".  When I asked "Is there a more recent model on which the 1 through 0 buttons are backlit?", that's all I meant.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version available?

0 Likes