Remote Control controls everything except tv volume and mute
Drsipe

Today I got a software update on my TV One stb. After the update, a message stating that my remote control was being upgraded. After the remote update, I had to pair the remote to the stb. The remote works fine with all bluetooth controls to the stb, and it also works fine for some of the ir controls to the TV, but the tv is not recieving any commands to change the tv volume. The TV volume can be controled with the factory tv remote, so the volume control is working, and the IR port on the TV is not blocked because the TV One remote can control input and power. I have a Sony Bravie KDL-55HX800. This appears to be a problem caused by the software update. My Verizon remote controled the TV volume, mute, input and power before the update.

0 Likes
Re: Remote Control controls everything except tv volume and mute
SamsungTVowner

I have the same problem, except that my tv remote (Samsung) only controls power on the tv (none of the other controls work) .  Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try to manually set up the fios remote for your TV in settings, voice control, fios TV voice remote, program fios TV voice remote, manual setup?

0 Likes
volume1

I've tried manual and Fios remote still doesn't adjust volume or mute.  Worked fine before the update.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try doing a manual setup again but use a different model TV from the same manufacturer.

0 Likes
ggrr8t
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is your TV connected to any pass through equipment like a stereo rcvr? If so, that might be the issue.

0 Likes
Sammy1232

This worked perfectly !!!

0 Likes
Davlki54

This worked for me too with LG  TV. Thank you!!

0 Likes