Remote Control
bryanp56

I have a VZ P265v2 RC remote.. Is there a way to program it to the multi room DVR? I just recieved a new one, but it only operates the box when it wants to. Everything I find on here tells me how to program it for my TV...I can do that no problem...I need to program it to control my CHS 435HDC box. It works sometimes, but other times, I have to use the menu on the box. My remotes on my other STB`s work fine. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote Control
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

You're welcome, Bryan! The extender is on its way to you now. It should arrive in 2-3 business days. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Bryan! This is a good question, to which the short answer is: no. There is no programming the remote to the box. It works by default. When it doesn't work, there's a few things you can to to resolve the problem. First, verify integrity of the remote by using it on a different box. If it works there, then it could be an issue with the box itself, but I have another theory. Some of the newer boxes, both Motorola and Cisco have problems with infrared interference which comes from the television they're attached to. This is especially prevalent with plasma TV's, though is not exclusive to this type of TV. What you can do  as a very simple test is, turn JUST the TV off, and use the remote control and watch the front of the box. If the channels change (on the box as the TV is off at this point) then this is the problem. If that's the case, fill out this form for me and I can send you an IR extender cable which will fix the problem. http://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport?ID=bryanp56 Thank you!

0 Likes
bryanp56

Thanks, Travis! Sorry for the late reply...we were without power for 4 days, thanks to Irene. That must be the problem, because it did what you say. And that box IS attached to a plasma tv. I`ll fill out that form for that extender. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

You're welcome, Bryan! The extender is on its way to you now. It should arrive in 2-3 business days. Thanks again!

0 Likes
bryanp56

Travis, I got the extender, but it doesn`t work. It says it`s for a Motorola, don`t know if that matters. I`m on the second box, and second remote. I`m about to give up! Whats wrong?

0 Likes