Remote DVR Access and 7232 DVR
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I was hoping someone else has had this problem and knows what to do:

I received the new 7232 DVR box today.  I followed the instructions and had no problems hooking it up.  The DVR works fine and the Home Media Works with my other boxes.  However, when I tried to activate the 7232 DVR box for Remote DVR Access with my cell phone, it told me that my cell phone number was already registered to another DVR box (the one that I disconnected, the 7216).

I called Tech Support three times.  They did their best but they were not able to correct it.  The first person told me to uninstall the app on my phone and reinstall it.  That did not work.  The second person deactivated the old box, the 7216, but that did not work.  The third person tried a lot of things but ended up putting in a trouble ticket.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Is there some way to clear out my cell phone number on the old DVR box so that I can activate it with the new box?  When I went to my account online, there was not a way to delete the old box or to clear out my cell phone number from that box. 

I would appreciate any input anyone can provide.  While this is not a huge issue, I do like having the ability to set recordings from my phone.  As an aside, for whatever reason, I can control the 7232 DVR from the my account online.  I just can't do it from my cell phone because my number is still associated with the old box.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Access and 7232 DVR
Hubrisnxs
Legend

does that old box show up on your www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral

if you see it and the cell phone number, I think you have to remove it from the website.  

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I don't see a place where I can delete the box.  Both DVR's are showing up in my account (the new one (7232) and the one I am sending back (7216).  They deactivated the 7216 last night and it shows online that information on the 7216 can't be retrieved, but there is not "button" to delete it.

When I go to the page for the 7232, there is a link to register the device.  But when I put when cell number in, it still says it is attached to another device, which would have to be the 7216.

Anyone have any thoughts or have you encountered this before?  I can't imagine I am the first one who switched out DVR boxes to have come across this.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3
After I activated my new DVR, It took mine about a week for the old box to be removed from my account and after that you won't have a problem activating the remote DVR.
0 Likes