Remote DVR Activated but not pulling in data
GeekNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2
I went through the remote DVR activation process. Received an email requesting I do a factory reset on the router (Dlink 604) and I did. Went back onto the site and it said things were good and I'd receive an email within 48 hours. I received an email telling me the activation was completed. When I go onto the FIOS TV Central site, it shows my DVR as activated but it never pulls back data. On the home page of the FIOS TV Central site the DVR portion in the middle of the screen sits there rotating and saying "updating". If I go to the DVR section in the left nav, it tries to load the scheduled recordings and just sits there spinning with "loading schedules".

I have not touched the router at all since I did the factory reset 2 nights ago. I powered everything on and checked connectivity by hitting the widget button and it comes back and shows me weather info on the DVR STB. I unplugged the DVR to see if resetting it helped but still no luck.

What is left for me to do? It's a HD DVR without Home Media connected via PPPoE through a Dlink 604 and the little add-on box for the STB connectivity.
0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Activated but not pulling in data
PJL
Master - Level 3
You might want to post your problem on the Verizon Direct forum:  http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  You'll have to create a user name and password (it's free).  When you post, only you and the Verizion techs that monitor this forum will be able to see your post and the replies.  I had a problem with my remote DVR and the Verizon technician was extremely helpful in solving the problem.
Message Edited by PJL on 05-01-2009 12:02 PM
GeekNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've been a DSLR member for 8 years so I posted there.

If you know what the resolution was for your specific issue, can you post it here? Or was it something along the lines of "The tech said they needed to fix something in their system and then it worked" type of answer you got back? Or even a "Hey, can you try it again and let us know if it works?"
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Please review this thread. Verizon needs to clarify that the MR-DVR and Remote DVR features do not work with the older routers and a NIM-100. I will be updating this information to Verizon Employees for clarification and confirmation.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=10187&jump=true

0 Likes
GeekNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

prisaz - thanks for the response and link to the thread. It's never easy finding info out on Verizon's own site, and when I do, it seems that if the info about a topic is in multiple places, the information is always different in each place. I am very sure that when investigating this it explicitly lists the Dlink as a valid Verizon supplied router for use with the remote DVR features.

The Verizon site for the page that lists the above isn't responding so I viewed the Google cached version of the page and here's the snippet:

Is the Remote DVR service supported on non-Verizon routers?
A: No, Remote DVR service works only if you have one of the Verizon supplied routers – ActionTec, Westell, DLink. It will not work if you have a non-Verizon router in place or if you changed the default router configuration (bridged or altered the DNS etc).

During the process, it did recognize I might not be in the factory default setting and required me to reset it. I did so and then it let me move on to the next step.  We'll see what happens on the DSLReports Verizon Direct forum. If nothing pops up, I'll give them a call later in the week. 

Thanks again for your response.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

GeekNJ

Thanks for the update on the incorrecly listed D-Link. That is probably why the page is no longer available, and is being updated. Verizon should send you a newer router, they are aware of this.

0 Likes
GeekNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

The page is there - the server was just not responding. It is now - http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/Help.aspx#119

It's the last item on the bottom of the page. 

prisaz
Legend
OK I will forward this information. Thanks.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

GeekNJ

Thanks for the update on the incorrecly listed D-Link. That is probably why the page is no longer available, and is being updated. Verizon should send you a newer router if you call them, they are aware of this issue.

Edited

0 Likes
jefe

I've developed a simililar problem.  I've only been a FiOS subscriber for two weeks but remote DVR was working and now isn't.

DVR box has internet connectivity. Guide and widgets work. I rebooted the box and Actiontec router.

Multi-room DVR is working from our second (non-DVR) STB.

Ping test to both STB's from the Actiontec's menu are successful.

Settings > DVR > Remote DVR shows enabled on the DVR menu. I tried resetting...disabled feature and re-enabled.   I also ran the diagnostics on the DVR STB help menu and everything passed and came up green.

Remote DVR still doesn't work.  I get:

Attention!
Set Top Box - 0000007291228153 is not responding

Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.
0 Likes