Remote DVR Activation Failure, but I have a Verizon Router!
chrisp5

I keep getting the following message when I try to activate remote programming:

Remote DVR Activation Failure Remote DVR is not supported on non-Verizon routers.   Remote DVR service works only with the Verizon supplied routers and with no changes to the original setup. Since you are using your own router and/or firewall setup we cannot enable Remote DVR on your account.

The problem is that I DO have a Verizon router, and I don't know what I can do to enable remote programming. To my knowledge I have not made changes to the original setup....

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Activation Failure, but I have a Verizon Router!
prisaz
Legend

@chrisp wrote:

I keep getting the following message when I try to activate remote programming:

Remote DVR Activation Failure Remote DVR is not supported on non-Verizon routers.   Remote DVR service works only with the Verizon supplied routers and with no changes to the original setup. Since you are using your own router and/or firewall setup we cannot enable Remote DVR on your account.

The problem is that I DO have a Verizon router, and I don't know what I can do to enable remote programming. To my knowledge I have not made changes to the original setup....

One of my BIGGEST complaints about ALL the remote features and CID. The router MUST have the correct port forwarding rules in the router, so the web site can find the DVR, or STBs for CID. They never get set right, always get messed up with even the simplest changes to the Verizon router. I gave up on all of it and started using my router that I like better. Even with all the correct port forwarding rules in the router, the features are hit or miss in my opinion. These rules are read only and can only be fixed by Verizon.

Contact tech support and insist that it be fixed while you are on the phone. It can be fixed, and do not take the it will need to be escalated, as an answer. Once I was told it would need to be escalated and could take a couple days. Look at your router, and if it is a REV A. Have it replaced because they are nothing but trouble. If you log into the router you should see forwarding rules for each STB or DVR.

0 Likes
chrisp5

How do you log into the router?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you should really reach out to chat support on this one, they can submit a ticket to the database people and probably have them clear that out, so you can try to activate it again.     that is what I had to do when I had that problem.  

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

0 Likes
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been getting the following message for the last week when I try to access remote programming via Verizo.com/fiostvcentral:

However, the problem is that I DO have a Verizon actiontec router (MI424WR-Gen2), and I had been able to use the remote DVR functions on both my desktop and my ipod touch.

I called Verizon last week to troubleshoot this issue and the end result was the rep sent me a new Verizon actiontec router (MI424WR-Gen2). I installed it and the same issue presented itself.  I called Verizon this morning and after some time with the helpful rep, the issue got elevated to a higher tech.  I await resolution of this issue.

I think the problem may be on Verizon's end and not with my system.  Anybody out there know the solution to my problem.  I know from other posts that this has happened to others.

0 Likes