Remote DVR Hates Me — Continues To Reject Valid Username And Password
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Hi all,

I mistakenly posted this message in the programming forum by mistake, so I'm moving it here now (sorry about that):

For the past few days, I've been unable to login to the Verizon remote DVR from both my iPhone and the web. It had been working fine for months, then all of a sudden, when I try to login, I get the dreaded 'login failed. please try again."

My Username and Password still work fine for Verizon Central, but for some reason the remote DVR login page won't recognize them. I tried re-registering my username and password, but that didn't work. I don't have any periods (or other weird characters) in my username. And as I mentioned, it had been working fine for months and months. Very frustrating.

I called tech support. They couldn't help (seemed baffled and ill equipped to solve this type of problem).  The rep told me that Verizon was having some trouble with remote DVR (yet he had NO information about what the problem was or if there was a fix in the works). Is this true, Verizon? Is there an internal issue? He said he was going to connect me to someone who could tell me more. I said great. Then he connects me and I get a recording that says, "you've reached a non-working number in the Verizon system ..." NICE! 

Is anyone else out here having trouble logging in to their remote DVR?

One thing I noticed, the login page looks different. There used to be  2 radio buttons: one for ".com" and one for ".net." I don't see those any more. I wonder if that's part of the problem.

I appreciate any help. Thanks everyone. And again, sorry for the double post.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Hates Me — Continues To Reject Valid Username And Password
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Hello again,

Well, today is the 4th day without being able to log on to Verizon remote DVR (it may be even longer, but it was 4 days ago that I tried unsuccessfully to log in and remotely DVR a show).

After 2 techs couldn't really shed any light on the problem,  Verizon put in a ticket for me. So now it's a "wait and see" issue.

From the lack of responses, I'm assuming that no one else is having this problem. I guess everyone can log in and access their remote DVR as normal . I failed to mention that I'm on a Mac (not sure if that should make a difference). But I'm wondering if Verizon made some changes that are only affecting Mac users.

Does anyone's login page at least look any different than it did last month? As I mentioned, my ".com" and ".net" radio buttons are gone.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is an isolated incident. 

Thanks again for any help you could provide.

0 Likes
Pete

You are not alone. I have been having the same problem as you (rejecting valid username and password) for a couple of weeks. I have been too lazy to call Verizon about it, so please post here if you get a resolution.

FYI, I am trying to access the site from a PC running IE version 7.0. I used to be able to access remote DVR site. My login page looks like yours as well. When I enter my username and password I get the message "You need to be a FiOS TV subscriber to access this site. Click here if we got it wrong!" When I "click here" I get a pop-up stating "Your issue has been reported and will be addressed soon." No resolution yet!

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Pete. 

Here's an update. So far, Verizon has done nothing to try to solve this issue or even provide an explanation as to what may be happening. Three different  telephone techs couldn't shed any light on why the remote DVR sign-in wasn't working. A ticket was opened last week and as of today, the problem still exists. 

I was able to find a workaround for using the remote DVR via the web: Go  to verizon.com and log in (make sure you go to this specific url not one of Verizon's 47 other urls!). Click the TV icon under "my services" in the middle of the page. Then click on "my set top boxes" below the TV icon. This let's me remotely program my DVR from the web.

It's incredibly cumbersome and not intuitive at all, but at least it works. However, trying to use this method via my iphone would be painfully slow and ridiculously inefficient. 

I used to be able to go to http://m.verizon.com/tv, log in, and boom — program my DVR from the phone. No fuss, no muss.  Now I can't even log in. Verizon, what's up?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Pete

Whatever the issue was seems to have been resolved for me, so if it was your help desk ticket that fixed it, then thanks! I can log-in (and navigate) the Remote DVR site on both my Mac and my work PC.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, my remote DVR issue remains unresolved  (so I doubt my desk ticket had any effect at all).

I still cannot access my remote DVR feature from FIOS TV central. Nor can I access it from the remote url that Verizon provides: http://m.verizon.com/tv.

Every time I try to log in with my username and password, I get "Login failed. Please try again." I know my username and password are correct, because I can log in to verizon.com with no problem. My frustration level is mighty high.

Is anyone successfully accessing their remote DVR with the "http://m.verizon.com/tv" url? 

Come on Verizon, why is my username and password only being recognized by certain parts of your website? Remote DVR is a feature that I would really like to use and for some reason, you've essentially taken it away from me. And no one in tech support is able to help. And the status of the desk ticket I put in last week ... crickets.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
troyh72

Is anyone successfully accessing their remote DVR with the "http://m.verizon.com/tv" url? 

You do realize that link is for mobile devices, right?  Try it on a cellphone with a browser, and it will work.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

This sounds like a cookie problem to me.  I've seen the situation where a corrupt or cookie not being created has caused this type of authentication problem.  Suggest you delete all of your cookies, clear the browser cache, and make sure that your browser is set to allow first-party cookies.  Not sure if this will work for you, but it did for me.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

TROYH72: Yes, I'm painfully aware that the "http://m.verizon.com/tv" url is for mobile devices. It used to work fine on my iphone, but it no longer does. It constantly rejects my username and password (which are both valid). FYI, that same url used to work from my computer as well. 

PJL: Thanks for your suggestion. I tried deleting the cookies and clearing the browser cache. No luck. I really think this is a problem on Verizon's end for a couple of reasons:

1. The login page looks different to me now. As I mentioned, there used to be radio buttons for .com and .net. Those are gone.

2. I have the same problem logging on from my computer as I do from the iphone. Seems odd.

3. I can log in to "http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/," and some other Verizon urls, but I can't access my DVR once I'm logged in. The only way I can access my DVR remotely is to log in through "verizon.com"  and do it the roundabout way. But as I mentioned in a previous post, that's really cumbersome from a mobile device.

4. Maybe most importantly, the remote DVR used to work perfectly! And now it doesn't work at all on my iphone ("Login failed. Please try again.") And it's wonky from the web. And I haven't changed anything on my end.

Maybe it's a Mac thing. I'm running Macs as well as an iphone. I know that sometimes, Verizon and Macs don't play nicely together. I'm at a loss. And it doesn't look my Ticket is making any headway.

0 Likes
handtruck

I just got the FIOS DVR and have the same problem - the "roundabout" way works great, but I'd like to be able to schedule things from my IPhone...

Is there anyone out there who actually can use m.verizon.com/tv  ??

0 Likes