Re: Remote DVR Hates Me — Continues To Reject Valid Username And Password
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Still no luck using m.verizon.com/tv. Continues to no recognize my username and password.

Today, I noticed at the bottom of the login screen there is a small "feedback' link. So I clicked it to report this irritating problem.

The page asks for my email, Phone model, and comments. So I fill it all out and hit submit. Then all the fields go blank and I get a message that says "Please enter valid Email"

What the?

I try again. Same thing, "Please enter valid Email." I only have one Verizon email account (it's been the same one for the last 10 years!). It's a .net account. I'm wondering if this could be part of the whole remote dvr login issue. Has my Verizon-issued email address suddenly become unrecognizable to Verizon?

Is anyone out there with a .net Verizon email address able to use the m.verizon.com/tv url on their phones?

Thanks guys.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Latest update:

After 6 frustrating weeks, countless calls to tech support, and many valiant forum suggestions (thanks all), I still cannot log in to the remote DVR on my iPhone using: m.verizon.com/TV.

Why this should be such a complicated issue is beyond me. For weeks I was logging in successfully, then one day — poof — my username and password are rejected: "login failed. please try again." No one at Verizon could help. My trouble ticket disappeared into the ether and 4 other techs were stumped. I tried obtaining an alternate username. Support said they don't issue alternate usernames (although at least one user in the forums got one when he was having trouble logging in to remote DVR!). They sent me to billing to obtain an alternate username. Billing said they don't get involved with that kind of stuff (which makes sense to me, but I was just following orders) and that I needed call tech support. 

Another tech support agent told me they were aware of the log in issue and it was being addressed. That was back in February. No other agent I've spoken to since was able to corroborate that statement. Hmmm.

Today I made one last try to reach out to tech support for help solving my problem.

I was told that Verizon recently "upgraded their system and remote DVR is no longer compatible with iPhone." I asked for more information since I was never made aware of this. He told me he would email all the information after we finished speaking. That was over 1 hour ago. Still no email. That's cold!

So, is this true, Verizon? Did you recently upgrade your system and now remote DVR doesn't work with iPhone? If so, I think that would be considered a "downgrade," no? Since I was able to happily use this feature and now I no longer can.

This whole situation would be laughable if it weren't so frustrating. Every time I call tech support about this issue, I get a different "fake" solution. This problem should've been solved back in February when I first contacted Verizon. Shameful. Just shameful.

0 Likes
dilo-one

Hey, I had the same problem until I realized that my login and password are the same as my Verizon webmail login not the numbers they tell you to use.

0 Likes