Remote DVR Manager Almost Never Works
gkurr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the ActionTec MI424WR router.  I have the Motorola QIP6416 cable box.  Remote DVR Manager almost never works.  I need to do some sort of box reset or even service reset (in my basement - unplugging power and battery from box) to make it work again.  This only allows it to work for a couple of days  I have called Verizon several times and they haven't solved my problem.

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows any sort of router settings that may be causing this to never work.  One other note is I get the "Listener 2 started" message on diagnostics when it is working.  I've seen some comments out there about having it set to "Listener 1" where Verizon needs to get involved.

ANy help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--Greg

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Manager Almost Never Works
PJL
Master - Level 3

Greg, Listener 2 is for TCP, and Listener 1 is UDP.  The use of TCP for this function is not reliable, as you've encountered.  Unfortunately there are no router settings to mitigate this -- and we customers can't change the Listener ourselves. 

I would suggest you contact Verizon support and tell them you need to have your STB Listener changed to Listener 1 from LIstener 2 due to remote DVR (and likely Caller ID) issues.  They seem very responsive on their Twitter page (@VZWSupport).  I've also sent you a private message with another method.

0 Likes