Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Remote DVR Manager Almost Never Works

gkurr
Contributor
Contributor

Remote DVR Manager Almost Never Works

Message 1 of 2
(501 Views)

I have the ActionTec MI424WR router.  I have the Motorola QIP6416 cable box.  Remote DVR Manager almost never works.  I need to do some sort of box reset or even service reset (in my basement - unplugging power and battery from box) to make it work again.  This only allows it to work for a couple of days  I have called Verizon several times and they haven't solved my problem.

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows any sort of router settings that may be causing this to never work.  One other note is I get the "Listener 2 started" message on diagnostics when it is working.  I've seen some comments out there about having it set to "Listener 1" where Verizon needs to get involved.

ANy help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--Greg

1 REPLY 1
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Remote DVR Manager Almost Never Works

Message 2 of 2
(489 Views)

Greg, Listener 2 is for TCP, and Listener 1 is UDP.  The use of TCP for this function is not reliable, as you've encountered.  Unfortunately there are no router settings to mitigate this -- and we customers can't change the Listener ourselves. 

I would suggest you contact Verizon support and tell them you need to have your STB Listener changed to Listener 1 from LIstener 2 due to remote DVR (and likely Caller ID) issues.  They seem very responsive on their Twitter page (@VZWSupport).  I've also sent you a private message with another method.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.