Remote DVR Manager with two DVRs
smurf3
Enthusiast - Level 1

2x DVRs setup.  

I can see one DVR fine through the remote DVR manager, the other DVR is visible by name but unreachable to any queries (request time out).  Doing the menu thingy on the box where it self-diagnoses common issues and reboots, resolves the situation for a few hours before the second DVR disappears again.  

I understand this is associated with either hardcoding port forwarding rules (tried according to a few threads here, no success) or hardcoding port triggering / UPNP resets on the routers (tried also, no success).  

Some threads here suggest that Verizon needs to go in and sprinkle some magic dust onto the reluctant DVR box configurationin the case of >1 DVR households.  Tried LiveChat to see if someone could do this - the agent did not know what I was talking about (pretended to but seriously did not know a thing and seemed to be following a 101 script) -

Anyone from Verizon who is reading this and is able to either resolve remotely or help with how to reach a permanent fix by posting specific instructions even if they are technically deep, please chime in?

Anthony_VZ seems to be responsive to these postings and been able to fix these things remotely for some customers - are you still around, can you please help?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Manager with two DVRs
PJL
Master - Level 3

Try running the Caller ID troubleshooter (STB main menu > Settings > Caller ID > Troubleshoot) on the STB that has the issue.  This MAY help (it has for some). 

0 Likes
smurf3
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks for your suggestion. I did attempt the caller-id troubleshooter. It, as well, fixes the problem for several hours and then the second DVR stops being reachable as before. It would seem that all these troubleshooters trigger a UPNP or other ruleset in the router and that they do not persist after a certain timeframe - that is only for the second router as the first one persists and visible through the router's port forwarding screen. Any other suggestions are welcome
0 Likes
smurf3
Enthusiast - Level 1
Wondering if anyone has made any progress as this seems to be a common issue on these forums? Thanks
0 Likes