Remote DVR Recording Questions
flywarbirds1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using FIOS for several years and find the service fine.  I just recently tried to remotely program my DVR (6416 HD) STB through my laptop and my Verizon internet access using TV Central.  I can sign on fine, see the TV listings, and see all four of my STB's.  When I try to record a program it "thinks"  for a while and then comes back with a message saying it couldn't complete the procedure and that I should try again later.  

By the way, when I go the DVR manager on the STB, it shows the correct internet id and all looks correct.

I have talked to support several times and was told that they would escalate my problem to "level 2" but have not heard from anyone.  I even reset my STB and router to see if that would help (if didn't).

Do I need to replace my STB?  It is several years old.

I would welcome any and all ideas anyone might have to help me.  I occasionally would like to record a program remotely.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Recording Questions
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

I sent you a private message to further assist you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
flywarbirds1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't believe I received your note.  Since I posted my first note, I have received a new router which I successfully installed on my system.  Still no remote DVR so not sure what to do next.  

0 Likes
flywarbirds1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shamika, I didn't receive your message.

0 Likes
stevel361
Same problem here
0 Likes
stevel361
I am only second Dvr, still cannot control multiple room Dvr remotely thru any device or thru internet
0 Likes