Remote DVR does not work
jnelson1

For months I have not been able to access the remote DVR feature. 

I tried running the in-home agent fixes, and doing a "paper-clip reset" to factory settings of the router. After doing that, I visited this webpage: https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/signin.aspx

Once I sign in i get redirected to this page: https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/ActivationStatus.aspx?router=notsupported

with the message: 

"Remote DVR Activation Failure
Remote DVR is not supported on non-Verizon routers. 
Remote DVR service works only with the Verizon supplied routers and with no changes to the original setup. Since you are using your own router and/or firewall setup we cannot enable Remote DVR on your account. 
We apologize for the inconvenience. 
Click here if you don't want to see this message again. 
Thank you for choosing FiOS TV."
I'm using the verizon-provided MI424WR router, and since i just restored the factory settings using the 10-second paper clip, it is set up with the factory settings. Help???
For the record, there was once a time when the web-based dvr access actually worked, but that was a long time ago.
0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR does not work
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Afternoon,

We can take a look at this for you. I sent you a PM to further assist you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
nubby122
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Have you had any success?  My ticket is scheduled to be closed @ 5pm today (Friday)  I don't know if

it will happen though.

0 Likes
wstan1

I am having same problem. Used to work from my phone and by logging in via internet. Now both do not work, get indication of "bad gateway".  Have done full series of reset gateway, un plug and re plug DVR, etc.

Can VZ please help? Is this a port mapping issue?

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Nubby122,

We will not close the ticket until it is resolved. We are still looking into this for you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Wstan,

I sent you a private message to assist.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

0 Likes
seamuskrat

I am also having a horrid FIOS support experience trying to solve a Bad Gateway and failure of the iPhone web app or the Verizon DVR control to work.

In addition I no longer get caller ID functions.

To start with, I have been disconnected twice after extended hold times.  Not good.

I have asked to have ports remapped to no avail.  

I have reset STB numerous times, reset router, etc.  Nothing seems to resolve the issue of the remote DVR not working or the web interface failing.

This stated immediately after cancelling whole house DVR.  I suspect that change is the root cause but no one seems to admit this.

Whatever the cause, it is super frustrating to have two key features I pay for not be useful or available to me.  I cannot waste another 2 hours on hold to get disconnected.

0 Likes
DoctorG1

I am having this problem as well.  It has probably been 1 1/2 years since the Remote DVR functionality worked.  Has there been any success on this issue?  I get the Bad Gateway message as well.

0 Likes