Remote DVR enabled but not working

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Remote DVR enabled but not working

Message 1 of 4
(4,331 Views)

I cannot access the remote dvr thruogh the web. Any time I try to access the dvr, it times out with a vague error and states to try again later.

Remote DVR has neever work since I enabled it on DVR menu.

Ran the self diagnostic on the dvr and everything passes except the last one:

remote dvr: fail

no explaination why it failed..

help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Remote DVR enabled but not working

Message 2 of 4
(4,302 Views)

Do you have Verizon Fios internet service, or are you only subscribed to Fios Video? 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,293 Views)

I downloaded the remote DVR application on my Verizon cell phone right after I got the Home Media DVR and I set it up on the STB, but for the longest time it said it was waiting for verification from the phone. Nothing I did would get it to work. I called Verizon and the tech guy couldn't figure it out. I deleted the app and reloaded it and kept trying it with no luck. Now, all of a sudden, I tried it today and it is working great. I don't know when it started working (haven't really needed it), but it is great and looks fantastic. Now if the family and I are out somewhere and it's getting a little late, I can set up the DVR to record my daughter's favorite Scooby Doo so she won't miss it. Nice feature.

I hope the OP gets his working properly through the web.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(4,284 Views)

Hi Brian

I have fios phone, tv and internet

Rich

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.