Remote DVR problems - troubleshooting update
brauh01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem --> trying to see, from a remote location, the Recorded shows on my DVR using My Verizon home page (Verizon.net) and the submenu FIOS TV -->DVR-->Recorded shows.  Almost always resulted in error messages (something like Set Top Box Unresponsive).  

Further information--> when failed from the FIOS TV/DVR page, a window would pop up showing inside IP for the DVR, outside (Verizon) IP and other information, further stating that problem has been reported.  Waiting 30 seconds and selecting Recorded Shows would then list the shows recorded.

Steps Taken - swapped out ACTIONTEC router Version C (first generation) last night for Version E.  So far, no problems.  Will "turn on" caller id function tonight.  For now, it looks like swapping out the router solved the remote access of DVR functionality.

Note this solution was implemented only after numerous troubleshooting calls with Verizon where they adjusted connections within their infrastructure.  While there were a few times I was on hold for longer than I would liked, I always found the technicians responsive and at least aware of the DVR problem.

HTH.  I see others on this Forum have experienced similar DVR problems.

Bill

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR problems - troubleshooting update
brauh01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not quite two weeks have gone by and problem free.  This solution has saved me from having to swap out the DVR/STB and thus losing the recorded shows/movies.

Bill

0 Likes