Remote DVR programming is deficient - give us more options for programming the DVR to record
Merthiolate
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's online (via the internet) DVR record a show feature is deficient. We don't have the ability to find and schedule a TV show to record just by channel number and time (i.e. news at 10PM on a specific channel) rather than the lame keyword search. - I don't know the name of the news programs. I only know the channel and the time that it's on.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR programming is deficient - give us more options for programming the DVR to record
Justin46
Legend

@Merthiolate wrote:

Verizon's online (via the internet) DVR record a show feature is deficient. We don't have the ability to find and schedule a TV show to record just by channel number and time (i.e. news at 10PM on a specific channel) rather than the lame keyword search. - I don't know the name of the news programs. I only know the channel and the time that it's on.

This one I don't understand at all. I never use search for remote programming. If you simply follow the link as shown below, it takes you directly to the listings:

Once you click on TV listings above, you can go to any channel, date, and time you want, and make a recording from there, jusk click on the program:

You do not have to use search at all. Now if what you really want to do is just pick a time and channel without regard to the actual program being broadcast, then you are correct, you can only do that on the DVR itself. But from the remote (web) interface, you can obviously record as many programs as you want at that time and on that channel, one after another, you will get separate recordings for each program, but you should get what you want content-wise.

So unless I simply don't understand what you are trying to do, it is easy to get (most of) what you want (at least I think it is).

Keller, TX 76248