Remote DVR server and Multiple DVRs
jacksnodgrass

I spent about an hour on the phone talking to different people about my Remote DVR and Multiple DVRs but no one really

seemed to understand my issue.... They kept taling about the MultRoom DVR stuff... which is different than the Remote DVR 

service... 

I signed up for the Remote DVR service and I can go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral and select My Setop Boxes and see 

my 3 different HD DVRs. I have them labeled, office, kids, family and all three report their correct unit address and 

HD DVR model ( two are 6416s and one is a newer, 7216 ) 

Onle ONE of the devices shows: Remote DVR: Enabled and shows me the Harddrive Status of that DVR. ( Family room ) 

The other TWO DVRs show up, but they don't show up as Remote DVR: <status>  They just show the name, model number

and unit type. 

The version pages don't seem to say that if you have 3 DVRs only one will work with the Remote DVR service. There doesn't

seem to be a way to switch to the 'OFFICE' DVR ( the one I really want to monitor if I can only do one ) 

I've gone to each DVR, made sure that the Menu->Help->SystemInfo->REMOTE DVR -> Enabled stuff was selected. I did the 

self diagnoticts and it says: Remote DVR:  Listener 1 Started

Why can I only see 1 of my 3 DVRs using the web interface? 

Thanks -jack 

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR server and Multiple DVRs
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3
I don't know why you cannot see YOUR DVRs but you are correct that you SHOULD be able to do so.  I have multiple DVRs and I can see all of them (and control them) remotely from the web, so anybody in tech support who tells you differently is full of you-know-what.
0 Likes
bekm

Did you ever receive an answer to this?  I am having the exact same problem.  All 3 DVR's are showing up in the 'My Set-Top Boxes', but only one shows Remote DVR ENABLED.

0 Likes
aperley

I have exact same issue (except I only have 2 DVR's) - only one shows up as "Remote DVR - Enabled" and another one just shows the picture of the box, name, model and unit address. Both boxes are the same QIP6416, connected completely equally - ONT -> 4-way splitter -> 2 ends with DVR's, 2 ends empty.

jacksnodgrass - have you got any resolution?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah you can only have one remote DVR per Video CKT at a location.   so if you wanted a specific DVR to be the "remote dvr" then you will want to call the Fios office or reach out to one of the tech's here on this site to have them switch it from one dvr to the other. 

the remote dvr feature is tied to the home dvr feature from my understanding.  

0 Likes
Ching

Why oh Why was it working for 60 days at my house and now all of the suddend it is shut off?

Hopefully this is a technical error and not the way the service is supposed to work????

0 Likes