Remote DVR stop working since I upgrade the capacity of my DVR
par0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't record shows from the web. I get the message 'bad gateway" and later "DVR not recognized. I replaced my old DVR for one of higher HD capacity and since then this function is not working. Probably someone at Verizon  forgot to update my hardware configuration. And I don't even want to start talking about how difficult it is to obtain tech support to fix this issue that is not my fault, nor the lack of availability of a chat option (it is never available)... If I could charge Verizon for my time trying to make their service to work!

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR stop working since I upgrade the capacity of my DVR
pxhop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just replaced my Cisco dvr with a Motorola dvr and then I had no remote dvr control until I went into the menu on the dvr, disabled Web Access, unplugged the dvr for a minute, plugged it back in, then enabled Web Access. I also had to power cycle the router.  After that, my remote dvr control woked again, and it works better now than with the Cisco dvr. With the Cisco it only worked about 50% of the time. So far with the Motorola it's working a lot better, maybe 95% of the time.   

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Have you tried chat support . I've always had great luck for this type an issue with chat support.
0 Likes
par0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried a couple of times and the service was not available. Then I sent an email and after two days I received a reply saying that they do not provide that support via email and that I should call or use the chat! Why is that Verizon is so bad at providing service. I miss my satellite service from DirecTV.

0 Likes