Remote DVR stopped working
Jim0

A few days ago remote DVR stopped working for all 3 of my DVRs. So far I have..

1) Reset all the DVRs with VZ In home agent

2) Reset the router with a paper clip in the back

3) Unplugged and replugged the DVRs

I have also

1) Used Chat support.. they got me up to reset the router (after I waited for 20 minutes for an agent to respond). When the router reset, of course, I lost the chat session. But it didn't fix the problem either.

2) Tried to call tech support.. got told the call volume was high and all they could do was route me to an automated menu system which was useless. Finally gave up on that.

3) Tried to use email to contact support. As soon as I indicated I needed FIOS tech support, email went away and it just took me back to the support page on FIOS to look at the FAQs and crap. I did, and there is nothing about how to get this fixed that I could find.

So now I am on this forum hoping someone has a clue what to do.

I would add, that this happened about 3 months ago as well. That time I did get through to phone tech support. I did all the resets and reboots and stuff which didn't help. Finally they made a "change to my account in their database". Remote DVR started working again for me.. and lasted another 3 months before it died this time.

So.. if someone from Verizon reads this, please let me know what to do. There seems to be no way to actually get support on this, at least tonight.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR stopped working
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Jim, I would like to help you out can you send me a private message with your home phone # or your name and address.   I could check and see if your DVR is on the network. 

0 Likes
raugust55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact problem with my two STB's and have done every step as above including resetting the router. Called tech and she was helpless. I have done every possible "trick" possible. One interesting side note though. When the remote dvr was working, one dvr would read "listener 1 started" and the other dvr would read "listener 2 started" now they both read "listener 1 started". I could assume that there is some sort of conflict or a general network problem. I noted that Ron stated that he had the ability to check and see if the stb's were on the network??? I do have all the widgets, on demands, menus and tv guides w/o a problem. Also on the self diagnostics all appears to be well except the aforementioned listener status. Help!!!!!

0 Likes
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have the exact same problem. I called tech support twice and they tried everything, both with the router & the STB. I checked In Home Agent & it says my trouble ticket has now been closed, but my remote DVR still doesn't work. I think the;y gave up trying to fix it.  I'd like this feature to be fixed since it was very handy to use.

Can someone check if my STB is on the network?

I also have VOD & widgets. Even Media Manager works on my computer & STB. Everything works except remote DVR.

0 Likes
kemcm

My remote DVR also stopped working a couple of days ago for one of my 2 DVR's. The box does not respond to a query. the other dvr still works using remote features. I ran diagnostics. listener 1 started. And rebooted the box using the phone menu. In home agent has my boxes listed incorrectly as to their physical location compared to the names in my verizon under the heading "my set top boxes"

any help appriciated

Edit..

I just checked and diagnostics on both boxes refer to "start listener 1" all self diags successful on both boxes

0 Likes
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the EXACT SAME problem......  Can someone from VERIZON seriously look into this???

0 Likes
Remote DVR is NOT working for A LOT of people // Verizon Tech's.... NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

A LOT of people are now reporting that the Remote DVR on Verizons website is NOT WORKING.  I have had this issue for over 1 week now.  Power Cycling  the settop and the router DOES NOT fix the issue as it had in the past.  I believe this might be an issue w/ the VERIZON servers in the Head End.   Could a Verizon Tech please look into this?  I had RON (Verizon Tech on this board) Look into the issuse last week.   He reset my settop, but even that DID NOT fix the issue.... Please let me know if/when someone looks into this issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR is NOT working for A LOT of people // Verizon Tech's.... NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE
D-I-Ytelecommgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to this list. Even (thanks to Nstar working on a transformer) did a power-off reset of the whole **bleeping** house! Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR is NOT working for A LOT of people // Verizon Tech's.... NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE
D-I-Ytelecommgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE OF ABOVE - Spoke to support. We currently have a DI-624 router which is no longer supported, along with the motorola router for the guide etc. Support is shipping a new router,. Guess we'll see where this goes.

0 Likes
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an MI424 Actiontech with this problem...

0 Likes