Re: Remote DVR is NOT working for A LOT of people // Verizon Tech's.... NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE
D-I-Ytelecommgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

"I have an MI424 Actiontech with this problem...".

Well I did kind of figure the router thing was a red herring,. Claimed he hadn't heard of the problem before.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR is NOT working for A LOT of people // Verizon Tech's.... NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have an MI424 Actiotech router. I don't think this is causing the problem. The remote DVR worked fine up until about a week to 10 days ago. It would seem something happened on Verizon's end during this time.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR stopped working
Kapi

Ditto to all of the complaints previous to mine!!  At least most of you have gotten to use the remote DVR web access, even for a little while.  In my case it doesn't work at all, even though everything checks out through all available resources.  It's a total mystery to me (and obviously a lot of other people).  If this feature is experiencing this much trouble, and no technician has been able to figure out a resolution in over a year, then why doesn't Verizon just admit the problems and pull the product until it works the way it's supposed to?  Sounds to me like they rolled this feature out before the bugs were worked out, and now they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

I'm on the verge of taking my business elsewhere ... and believe me, the remote DVR isn't the only technical problem with Verizon products.  I've had trouble with my TV reception and weak signals ever since Fios was installed over a year ago.  It's disgusting to have to deal with such incompetence!!

0 Likes
kemcm

I opened a ticket via phone on Sunday. The tech said he couldn't help (after trying several things) and he said he would move the ticket along and I would get a call later Sunday or Monday. I have not had a call back. Due to severe weather I know they are extra busy, but I still expect a call.

If this cant be resolved, I will be requesting a monthly service credit until it is. The feature is advertised and it obviously does not work properly at this point. It is one of the advantages I saw to going with Fios. Being able to set things up remotely.

0 Likes
kemcm

Fixed. Mysteriously working fine again today

0 Likes
Kapi

I guess you're one of the lucky ones ... I haven't been able to access the features at all.  I, too, have contacted Verizon support via feedback, website support, phone calls, email, etc. etc.  STILL NO RESPONSES OR ANSWERS!

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two DVRs.  One responds great to Remote DVR via the web and from my Motorola DROID.  The second one does is does not respond when accessed via the WEB Remote DVR.  I've run all the diagnostics and rebooted and still not accessible via the web....recieve the following: Set Top Box - 0000308259592159 is not responding.

Hope we get some help from Verizon Soon

Reston Va

0 Likes
Kapi

Good news!!  Someone in the Verizon DVR Remote Access Group called and left me a message that my access should be fixed now ... AND IT IS.  Don't have a clue what they did, but it wasn't anything that included me.  Just wish they had told me that earlier and all of this frustration could have been avoided.

0 Likes
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine just got fixed! The problem is the listener 1, listener 2 status  issue. On the self diagnostic screen on my TV, it was showing listener 1 status. It should be listener 2. I just called Verizon again this morning for the 4th time. This time, I got a tech guy who really knew what was going on. He changed something on his end & I reset my router and turned off the STB at the same time. Finally, it was changed to listener 2 status & now my remote DVR works again!

0 Likes
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep - Mine now says Listner 2 and works again too... BUT, for some reason, 3 days ago it said listner 2 and worked... then today it said "failed" in the self diagnostic.... I power cycled the settop, then it said Listner 2 started.  About 2 hours later, the Remote DVR started working again.

0 Likes