Remote DVR (web) no longer working
tns
Master - Level 2

This use to work.  The DVR is seen from the fiostvcentral and does show if I disable or enable web access (which I tried in order to fix this problem.

When using the TV listings or search no button to record ever shows up.

For some actions such as show my packages get message

There was an error while processing your request. Please try again later

Showing my channels shows a small number of channels

Fails using IE8 (32 bit) and Firefox.  Java is on 6 Update 21.  OS Windows 7 64 bit

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote DVR (web) no longer working
tns
Master - Level 2

I finally had some time to call again and work with Verizon support.  Actually took two more calls before they not only took the problem serious enough but also ended up having to bring a developer in on it.  Don't know how much time he spent on it versus other things but now a week later it is finally fixed.

Last message I got was they thought the problem was that my id at verizon.com and verizon.net had been the same (different passords), and when the 2.0 version of the web came out around July it caused the interface to not properly switch from the one id to the other when trying to work with the DVR.  I believe the developer had to actually change code on the server.

If any further info is given to me I will pass it on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I don't have personal experience with the feature, but I saw another user had this problem at a different verizon forum, and suggested the following.

"disable both functions (got through the menu for remote DVR) then reboot the STB and then re-enable the functions"

He said he has to do this every couple months, or so.   so give it a shot.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Tech support keeps closing this and I reopened each time.

While waiting for the 3 time for a response after this was supposedly escalated I found a way to get it working again. On the STB I disabled the remote DVR option. When I logged in web site the box showed up as remote DVR disabled with and option next to it to enable remote DVR. When I clicked through that, it enabled the remote DVR options and the record buttons reappeared on the Web site.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Unsolved.

The recognition that DVR is enabled and record buttons should be enabled does not survive closing the Web browser and coming back.  Looks to me like a bug in either the web pages or how the site identifies options available after you login.

Maybe the reported new FIOSTVCENTRAL look will also fix this.  I have little hope that anything else will.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I finally had some time to call again and work with Verizon support.  Actually took two more calls before they not only took the problem serious enough but also ended up having to bring a developer in on it.  Don't know how much time he spent on it versus other things but now a week later it is finally fixed.

Last message I got was they thought the problem was that my id at verizon.com and verizon.net had been the same (different passords), and when the 2.0 version of the web came out around July it caused the interface to not properly switch from the one id to the other when trying to work with the DVR.  I believe the developer had to actually change code on the server.

If any further info is given to me I will pass it on.

0 Likes