Remote DVR won't recognize new STB

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(2,864 Views)

I'm on my third DVR.  The first one died completly and never came back to life.  Replacement #2 was good for 3 or 4 months then started to reboot itself while watching TV -- needing about 12 HOURS to recover after each reboot (about once per week).  Replacement #3 is working, although it too reboots itself about once a week but only takes 5 minutes to recover after a reboot.

Anyways -- FIOSTVCentral "sees" the replacement DVR but cannot acces it -- no drive data, recorded programs, schedule, ect...  When I go to "Settings" on the DVR itself, it says to log in to FIOSTVCentral and enter an activation code.  How do I enter this code?  I dont see an "Please enter code here" link anywhere on FIOSTVCentral...

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Remote DVR won't recognize new STB

Message 2 of 2
(2,835 Views)
Its possible that your DVR might not be activated correctly, and we may have to send a command to the box. You can try power cycling the DVR or you can private message me your name and telephone number and Id be more than happy to take a look for you.

Erik
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.