Re: Remote DVR
Pete

@TheSanchez wrote:

Web remote DVR is not available in every area yet.  The areas that do not currently have it are listed below with their tentative launch dates(the areas are for customer's served out of those cities/states:

11/06 - VHO1 TX, Harrisburg, PA, Buffalo, NY

11/13 - Silver Springs, MD, Philadelphia, PA

11/18 - FL, IN, Pittsburgh, PA

Please keep in mind that these dates are tentative and subject to change. 

Any update on the Silver Spring, MD area release of remote DVR? I am in northern Virginia and still have not received notification of remote DVR availability. Thanks.

0 Likes
Stratokaster
Enthusiast - Level 2
I too am interested in the remote DVR function in Reston (out of Silver Springs, MD).  I had my media DVR installed in the theater and can currently only  set up recordings if I turn on the theater projector, which is not very convenient.  Being able to program recording from my computer would be a big plus. 
0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm almost 2 days old to FiOS (all 3 services) & didn't even know about the remote DVR. I too live in Northern NJ & immediately checked my Home Media DVR Settings Menu & see my verizon.net userID + an activation code.

Problem is, I can't seem to find exactly where I'm supposed to put that activation code.

All links that I see posted ( http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx , etc.) all seem like generic pages. When I click something there that sounds like it may be it, it has me login (only my .com login is recognized, .net isn't) & it then goes to my main Account Summary screen.

What am I missing??!!

In just these two days, all of the aggrivating issues I've had could have ALL been avoided if Verizon got some better Web Application Developers. Website is extremelty buggy + issue with HDMI cable & Green Screen is unreal.

0 Likes
anotaro

@FireFish wrote:

I'm almost 2 days old to FiOS (all 3 services) & didn't even know about the remote DVR. I too live in Northern NJ & immediately checked my Home Media DVR Settings Menu & see my verizon.net userID + an activation code.

Problem is, I can't seem to find exactly where I'm supposed to put that activation code.

All links that I see posted ( http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx , etc.)

You need to log in at http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral .  You do not actually need to enter the confirmation code anywhere.  If your home network is configured correctly it should just work.  I had many problems because I was using an unsupported router config so I finally just bit the bullet and started using the new Actiontec router they provided and now it works pretty well.  After you log in at that site you should just see a button on the the left hand menu that says "DVR (beta)"..click it and you'll be remotely managing your recordings.  If you do not see this button on the left, you need to call the Fiber Solutions Center. 

0 Likes
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@FireFish wrote:

All links that I see posted ( http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx , etc.) all seem like generic pages. When I click something there that sounds like it may be it, it has me login (only my .com login is recognized, .net isn't) & it then goes to my main Account Summary screen.

What am I missing??!!

In just these two days, all of the aggrivating issues I've had could have ALL been avoided if Verizon got some better Web Application Developers. Website is extremelty buggy + issue with HDMI cable & Green Screen is unreal.

I hope your issue gets resolved quicker than my ongoing issue.

I get the same error when I try to log in to Verizon Fios TV Central..

I live in NJ and have had Fios for 5 months. My service is fed out of VHO - 7 in Freehold. My access to the Remote DVR feature has never worked despite it being enabled. I have reached out for help on both this board and directly to the HFSC by opening up trouble tickets. It has been a very frustrating two months now and no one at Verizon has been able to find a solution. I have made calls to Verizon and have received tech support calls from them regarding this problem. I have verified all of my settings with the HFSC techs many times. I have even given them my username and password so they could duplicate my login and they still can't figure out how to fix this problem. I have seeked assistance from this forum, the Verizon HFSC, Verizon e-Care and a Verizon department called ATS in California and have had zero success so far. At this point I've just about given up all hope.

0 Likes
UPDATE - It's Fixed !
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great news!!!

Tried logging in to the Fios TV Central page this morning and it worked!

I am now able to log in and access the Remote DVR feature as well as my programming.

Outstanding.

Thanks Verizon !

0 Likes
fivekv
I can set my DVR remotely online with my computer. I also have an LG Chocolate 3 cell phone and I can't find the "get it now" on the phone to download the app for the remote dvr setting using the phone. The Chocolate 2 is one of the "supported devices" so I assumed the chocolate 3 would also be supported. Anybody know if it is?
0 Likes
It's Fixed
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too. I magically had it work for me, but here's what was most important:

1) log in via www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral/

2) use your verizon.NET username / password. NOT .com.

3) About 3 days after your install, it should work.

0 Likes
BHiGG32
I've had my remote DVR working in the past, and can communicate with my hime Media HUB no problem remotely.  My only issue is that there are no options to press "record" remotely anymore.  I used to be able to, but no longer.
0 Likes