Remote DVR
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Remote DVR was working with 7216 but due to problems Verizon sent me a 6416,  I was told I need to wait for the 7216 to be returned in order to register the 6416.  About a week later I logged into fiostvcentral site and was told I can register for Remote DVR.  Within a few hours I received an email to factory default the router, which I did.  As of Monday it was still not working.  Called Verizon and no one can get this to work.  I was told someone would call back and on Wedneday I called to inform them no one called.  VZ said someone called me.  My caller-ID says no one from Verizon called and and my phone records said no one from Verizon called.  Yesterday the phone rang and it was Verizon finally calling.  I answered in on the second ring, said hello and they hung up. 

How **bleep** frustrating is this?  The Remote DVR was a nice feature to have and I never had any issues with DirecTV.  I don't understand why this simple little feature can be made to work and why tech support can't get the right folks on the phone.  May need to call DirecTV and switch back.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I sent the port mapping to your stb and should be working...check online now and see if it shows up.
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
No.  Nothing.  But I do have a question for you.... How do you know my acct. information to send this to MY system?
0 Likes
Tektronic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im guessing you associated your verizon.net account

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
nope.  My original verizon.net acct. stopped working due to some glitch with this system.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I have several tools that can look up an account......{edited for privacy}  is what I used and resent the notification. What was the old email that your talking about?

Run the Diagnostic's on the box from menu, help, then run the Diag and tell me if the listner is running

Message Edited by Techman28 on 06-20-2009 12:36 AM
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-20-2009 07:27 AM
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Techman28 wrote:
I sent the port mapping to your stb and should be working...check online now and see if it shows up.

I have delt with the port mapping and router issues. I know others have seen issues with the Remote DVR option not Showing up on FIOS TV Central, when the remote DVR shows enabled on the STB. Any ideas that we can do, or that could help others, or is this something that Verizon would need to work their magic on?

0 Likes
Rckclmbr76

I've had similar frustration since my FiOS TV/Internet install just a week ago and not one tech support person has been able to assist. I finally managed to correct the issue on my own. They provided a Westell UltraLine Series3 router for me to use and I first suspect the built in firewall of causing this issue so I turned down the built in Firewall to accept all inbound and outbound packets with no success.

Naturally I turned the firewall service back on and attempted to add a rule allowing all traffic from 198.23.16.0/24 to any device on my network using SPI (stateful packet inspection aka accept all connections). Also didn't work however I no longer saw any blocked entries in the log file

The next and final step I remove that rule and recreated it with allowing all traffic from 198.23.16.0/24 to any device not using SPI (aka allow all packets) which finally allowed me to fully access the STB from www36.verizon.net and manage my DVR.

Additionally I had earlier added the following DNS entry under advanced settings: www36.verizon.com 198.23.16.154

excerpt from my log files:

Inbound Traffic     Blocked - Default policy     UDP 198.23.16.96:3551->96.x.x.x:63145 on eth1
Inbound Traffic     Blocked - Default policy     TCP 198.23.16.154:443->96.x.x.X:56968 on eth1
Inbound Traffic     Blocked - Default policy     UDP 198.23.16.96:3548->96.x.x.x:63145 on eth1
Inbound Traffic     Blocked - Default policy     TCP 198.23.16.154:443->96.x.x.x:56965 on eth1

Hope this helps anyone else out there having problems!!!! Best of luck 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
For me this finally is now working.  What is supposed to take an activation period of 24-48 hours took 2 1/2 weeks. 
0 Likes