Remote Help
VWLUVR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had FIOS installed. I am told that because the remote is Bluetooth I can only use one remote. I did get a 2nd remote but it won’t control the sound. I do have a sound bar. Somewhere I read that I could use the old P265 remote as a 2nd remote. I am not concerned that the 2nd remote has no voice commands. All I need it to do is control the sound bar and tv. 

0 Likes
Re: Remote Help
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The P265 will not work the soundbar but you can program the new bluetooth one to do it. 

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

From there it will ask you to input your TV brand. Follow the steps. Once you are finished with the TV it will ask you whether you control sound with TV or Soundbar and when you pick the Soundbar option then you will have to do the same setup as the TV. After that you will be good. 

VWLUVR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response. The guy that did the install has the main remote working fine. I am looking for a way to get a 2nd remote to work on the same tv. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The P265 remote won’t work with the soundbar. It only will control the TV and STB. 

VWLUVR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem. If you search for Phillips RC1445302 FiOS remote that can be programmed for a soundbar. I think you can still get them from Verizon too. 

0 Likes