Remote Programming DVR from Iphone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Programming DVR from Iphone

Message 1 of 6
(3,759 Views)

I was attempting to use the DVR Manager App for the iphone and have been told it does not work because I do not have a TR-69 compliant router. Support could not give me any specific brand router(s) which would work. Anyone have any idea what brands are TR-69 compliant routers?  This is not a deal breaker for me; just curious as I was unfamiliar with the TR-69 protocol.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Remote Programming DVR from Iphone

Message 6 of 6
(3,484 Views)

I have abandoned using the remote programming app. The range issue of the Verizon supplied router is a more compelling problem for me than being able to program when I am not home.  Thanks to all for responding to my question.  I wish Verizon would have disclosed this in the app store and it would have saved me some time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 2 of 6
(3,691 Views)

Dear Unpluggedzett,

Do you have Verizon Fios or DSL service?  What model router do you have at home?  Are you using a Verizon provided router?  Is the Iphone giving you the error?  Please give me the exact verbiage of the error.  DVR Manager is compatible with Iphones.

Thanks in advance

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(3,669 Views)

I have FIOS. I am not currently using a Verizon supplied router. I am using a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router. I spent a couple of days emailing technical support before trying this area and that is where i got the TR-069 reference.  He said my router was not compliant with tr-69 and therefore would not work.  He could not tell me what routers were compliant. The program loads and when attempting to either access the settings or to actually schedule a program, I get the error (I am paraphrasing because I removed the program) the app has timed out because it cannot communicate with the FIOS servers. Try again later.  I have since learned that tr-069 is a protocol of some kind related to remote access. Unfortunately it is not listed in any of the router specs I have looked at.  I am simply trying to find out what brand routers meet this spec.

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 6
(3,639 Views)

Dear unpluggedzett,

TR-069 is a protocol.  Have you attempted to use the router provided by Verizon?  It should work with the router provided by Verizon.  We do not support third party software and/or hardware.  Thanks for your patience.

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(3,528 Views)

I am also trying to use my iPhone app but the code never works.  I hate Verizon.  CS stinks and nothing works as advertised.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(3,485 Views)

I have abandoned using the remote programming app. The range issue of the Verizon supplied router is a more compelling problem for me than being able to program when I am not home.  Thanks to all for responding to my question.  I wish Verizon would have disclosed this in the app store and it would have saved me some time.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.