Remote TV Volume will not work with my 70 inch Sharp Aqous TV
voaa6912

Hi Fios Nation,

i have a weird issue with this Remote volume keys and my Shar  AQous TV

HD\DVR

remote control VZp265v3rc

when i program my remote and hit the ok and 0 key

make sure the red light turns on and i enter my code 342 and i hit the up channel to when the tv turns off and it does.

then i turn the tv back on and hit the volume keys and the do work while it is in program mode and all other buttons  do work fine and then when i hit the ok button on the remote to store it and i try to raise and lower the volume and it does not work.

whats weird is when i am in program mode on the remote and i hit the volume key the volume on the tv display is on the bottom. the same place as when i use the tv remote but when i am out of program mode on the remote and i hit the volume key on the remote the volume control with show up on the upper right hand side of the  tv display and i could see the volume go up and down on the display but will not actually change the colume sound at all.

So i tried to do everything according to the TV help menu and also called verizon tech support and they did the same thing again but it still will not work.

I hit the volume button up and down and i see the volume display go up and down on the display but it does not actually change the volume.

So the tech support rep advised to get the 4 button remote from the verizon store.

So my question is. 

By getting the remotewould this resolve my issue? or is there anything else i could do to correct this volume control issue?

i also have my tv connected to the wifi and i have up to date firmware on my tv.

Thanks for reading

Vinnie

0 Likes
Re: Remote TV Volume will not work with my 70 inch Sharp Aqous TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the remote.  Your remote has been programmed to control the volume of the STB instead of your TV. To undo that, please follow these instructions

- Press and hold the OK button and "2" buttons together.

- Let both go and the light at the top of the remote will blink and then stay on,

- Press 9-5-5

- Light will blink and stay on

- Press the TV button at the top

Please let us know if further help is needed.

0 Likes