Remote backlight
Raoul

How can I make the remote's backlight from coming on for every key press short of cracking open the case and cutting the LED leads ? It's super annoying ! Besides, it's a totally unnecessary waste of battery power.

0 Likes
Re: Remote backlight
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Only way is to open it and cut the traces to the LEDs on the internal PCB.  No external options available, but keep in mind that Verizon technically owns the remote and could charge you for damaging it.

That said, I too wish there was a programming option on the remote to shut down the lights and extend battery life.

0 Likes
Raoul

That's a real shame. Verizon went to great lengths to design an ergonomically great remote (though it has far too many buttons) and then allowed it to be degraded by gaudy lighting that can't be turned off ! Verizon, are you listening ?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Gee, I have seen posts blasting Verizon for not having enough keys lit up! They can't win for losing on this I guess. FWIW, I am perfectly happy with the remotes the way they are, I only have to change the batteries in mine every 6 months or so.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes