Re: Remote control not working properly
jonathang1

Having a similar issue. My remote all of a sudden isn't working properly. It works, but intermitently.

Not sure if this means anything but when I hit any button the vol, ch, play button and '5' button stay lit up. Changed the batteries and restarted the DVR box.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
rkapischke

@jonathang wrote:

Having a similar issue. My remote all of a sudden isn't working properly. It works, but intermitently.

Not sure if this means anything but when I hit any button the vol, ch, play button and '5' button stay lit up. Changed the batteries and restarted the DVR box.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Turn off your TV but leave the DVR on.  Does the DVR respond?

0 Likes
jhehiriii

I have almost the same problem.  The new multiroom DVR will suddenly freeze on a channel when I press the remote and it takes maybe up to 10 seconds to respond.  Then sometimes it will lose all control over the box.  The TV works fine but not response from the DVR.  The solution has been so far to unplug the DVR and allow it to reset but this is very annoying.  Is there any solution? Thanks

0 Likes
lionsc

It is a plasma TV problem. Verizon use IR signal. Some plasma TV screen light creating IR interference. In my case. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV. Just change screen model to THX. It fixed problem!!!!! 

0 Likes
andkath
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same problem our remote.  In addition we also have a Panasonic TV.  My question is how do I change the screen model to THX?  thank you

0 Likes
SashimiB

My remote is suddenly not working. Same problem as the guy in this thread: it operates the TV fine, but I can only change channels on cable. Guide, menu, etc. do not work When I hit "Info" though, a black screen with an old DOS-like interface comes up asking me to set up parental controls.

Thoughts? This is really annoying.

Thanks.

0 Likes
wallacend1

Just swapped my old STB for new ones today and am having the exact same remote control issues on the DVR STB - Guide, Menu, etc. won't work.  I can change channels, adjust volume, turn TV on/off, but none of the other controls work.

I tried the black tape over the IR, etc. and it did not work.

Are there any new solutions to this problem?

Thx,

NDW

0 Likes
amartinson1

Hi my P265v3 remote controls the TV but the Guide, menu, on demand, info and other buttons besides the channel and volume buttons and number buttons. The batteries aren't the problem as I have changed them.

0 Likes
ericwiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any answer to this? I am having the same issue. I just replaced my DVR to the newest motorola version and I get the same issues: I can change the channels but nothing happens when I go to DVR or Guide. If I press info I also get the parental control code setup.

Is this because the box is still setting up or is it a bigger issue? Anyone have any info on this?

0 Likes
msh689

For my one STB remote, I can't access the Guide, Menu, DVR, or any of the other Fios related buttons. WI hit the Info button, I get parental control.  This seems to be the same answer above and you were able to message her an answer.  Can I please have help with this?  Thank you.

0 Likes