Re: Remote control not working properly
jim20001

Were you able to figure out how to change the screen model to THX?  I may have the same issue - already received a 2nd remote and have new batts but the problems continue.  The Power and Volume buttons work good but the arrow keys, OK button, and Exit button in particular, only work sporadically which makes navigation very difficult. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
jackfick

My guide button stopped working on my FIOS remote.

0 Likes
georgeny1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just had problem, rebooted modem no help. Rebooted box no help. Went to support online choose problem with box it did reboot still no help. THEN while pondering issue and what to do next set top dvr box rebooted again by itself and I got message that program download occurring will take few moments. After download completed all was good. All returned. So I believe whatever the cause the fix was complete initialized and download by FIOS itself.
0 Likes
Subman6191

Had this problem with my Panasonic TH-50PX60 U.  As stated in this and other forums it is a problem between this and other Plasma TV's and some Verizon boxes due ro IR interference.  I have solved it twice (2 different boxes) once using 400 speed 35 MM film taped over the cable box display (found that on a forum). Worked fine and when the cable box was replaced with a different one the problem went away.  Today I moved that TV to a different location with an older box and the problem returned. Found in this thread that somebody used post it notes.  Taped a double layer of yellow post it note over the cable box display and problem solved.  Yes you can no longer see the display channel etc., but the new Verizon boxes don't have that anyway. 

0 Likes
pmac10
2 issues....all of a sudden, the channel information bar will not leave the screen when I turn my tv on. I can hit exit and it will go away but unless I do that, it stays on the bottom of the screen the whole time. Also, I used to be able to input a different channel and it would automatically go to that channel, now it doesn't go to that channel unless I hit "ok" after I enter the channel number. Any suggestions how to reset>
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you can go to menu/customer support/top support tools/Fix FIOS TV issues.

Otherwise pull plug, wait 20 seconds, and plug back in.

0 Likes
frankw3

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I think its a provisioning problem. I have the same exact issue on a new HD box they shipped me (Shockingly self install fail). The remote works fine on other Cable Boxes in my house- something is up with this new box. Channels work- I can flip up and down using the remote but zero response from the other buttons.

No its not the IR - the green IR light blinks on the STB as it receives the signal when I try to do antying like hit the Guide button. Only button that does anything is the Info button which gives me a menu to set the parental controls. (Which I can set then remove fine)

Come on Verizon??

0 Likes
kaverill1
This doesn't work.... if it was as easy as unplugging people would have fixed it 4 years ago
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are talking to PEERS not Verizon.  Although I don't see them saying so I am sure the original user fixed this (or left Verizon) long ago.

Normally, as previously said, a reboot of box will fix such problems.  Best to do it from Menu, customer support,top support tools, fix Fios Tv issues. 

If that doesn't work  you will probably have to call Verizon (1-800-Verizon).  Most likely they will direct you to do the above again.  DON"T argue, say you are doing so, but then tell them it still is having the problem.  Most likely the box is bad.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the same model TV with both TVs?

Try swapping the the box that doesn't work for one that does.

There are some TVs that can interfere with the remote function.

Just because the light comes on doesn't mean it wasn't garbled.

Otherwise, if the same remote works on other STBs, then it is a defective STB (not a systemic problem).

0 Likes