Remote control problem
cybertec

Hi, I own three boxes, two of the boxes are hooked up to two similar TV's, in the living room I have the Pioneer Pro 151FD and in my bedroom I have the Pioneer Pro 110FD, I have programmed both remotes for each TV to be used, the remote in my bedroom shuts off and turns on the TV and also controls the volume, the remote in my living room only turns the tv on and off, but does not control the volume, the volume control does not work, is there a fix for this, I am perplexed.

0 Likes
Re: Remote control problem
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@cybertec wrote:

... two similar TV's ... the remote in my bedroom shuts off and turns on the TV and also controls the volume, the remote in my living room only turns the tv on and off, but does not control the volume, the volume control does not work, is there a fix for this ... [?]

You may find some suggestions in this thread helpful when trying to do specific programming of Verizon Remotes.  Good luck.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Steps-need-to-program-the-FIOS-remote-to-c...

0 Likes
cybertec

Yes I have read that thread, the thing is the TV in my bedroom when I use the Fios remote to control the volume it actually uses the TV's volume control "NOT THE STB'S", I just did the volume programming thing on my living room TV throught the STB, and the only thing that works is the mute "through the STB, not the TV", the volume and mute functions for the TV do not work with the verizon remote, I want to control the volume functions as I would with the TV's remote, every time I want to lower or up the volume on the TV I would have to use the TV's remote, I would like to be able to do that with one remote, as is the case with my bedroom TV. 

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@cybertec wrote:

... in my bedroom ... the Fios remote ... actually uses the TV's volume control ... I just did the volume programming thing on my living room TV throught the STB, and the only thing that works is the mute ... I want to control the volume functions as I would with the TV's remote ...

It appears that you have altered the standard programming functions in the LR remote, and therefore it's likely that standard programming methods will not help.  I'm no expert, but it should only be necessary to set the remote to control volume through the STB in very rare circumstances (such as the monitor issue in the referenced thread).  If this were my problem, here's what I'd try.

With two (evidently) very similar TVs, and two identical remotes, set up a controlled experiment to eliminate possible faulty equipment (the remote, of course).

First, reset both remotes to default settingsYou will find directions elsewhere on the MyVerizon reference pages for your specific devices, and you may also have received instructions packaged with the remotes when your service was installedThen starting from "scratch," use the former bedroom remote in the living room, the former LR unit in the BR,etcIn this way you will have a clear indication of whether the issue is with the device itself, or how the device is programmed.

If you report back with the resultsperhaps I or another user can offer additional suggestions

cybertec

Fixed, cleared the remote, now the volume control works and when turning off the tv and stb, it shut both at the same time, not having to do each individually. thanks again.

0 Likes