Remote do not turn off DVR
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I recently experience problem turning off my Motorola 7232 DVR with remote control. Remote works fine with other DVR functions such as changing channels, dvr recordings, guide, etc. But turning DVR off stopped working altogether, even if I put remote 1 foot away of front panel of DVR. It turns down TV but not DVR, and I have to turn DVR of manually in the front panel all the time. If DVR would not react to remote at all, I would assume something wrong is with remote, but why DVR does not want to turn off by remote and works fine with other buttons on remote control is a mistery for me. Any clue???

Thanks,

AD

0 Likes
Re: Remote do not turn off DVR
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Alden,

The easiest way to test a remote is to try it on a different set top box.  It will not control the TV functions like TV power, volume, and mute but all of the Verizon STB functions should work.  This will let you know if there is indeed a problem with the remote, the STB, or neither.  We have a couple different styles of remotes so I would need to know which model you are using.

• If you are using an older model remote with 4 buttons on the top row then press the STB button first to control the STB then power.
  • If this a new model remote with just a TV (power) and STB (power) button at the top of the remote?  Then press STB (power) to turn the DVR off and on.

You can also restore the remote to factory settings then reprogram your TV model again.  You will find information on this website: Remote Control Guides

Lastly if known of those work then the remote control may of gone bad and needs to be replaced which you can do through the In Home Agent tool at: In Home Agent

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Thanks

0 Likes