Remote does not turn the DVR off
amylge
We have the HD DVR. The tech that installed it last month said he set it up so when we used the universal remote to turn off the TV, it would not effect the DVR set top box. The DVR can be very fickle and I would like to turn off the DVR when we turn off the TV. I cannot find anywhere how to change it so the remote will turn off the DVR. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: Remote does not turn the DVR off
CMO
It doesn't turn off and you don't want the DVR to turn off or else it won't record the shows you want.  If you really want it turned off, you have to pull the plug.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
What kind of an answer was that CMO?? Of course it turns off and you can program the remote to turn it off & the TV at the same time, it's in the manual. All scheduled recordings will occur with the power off.
Message Edited by matcarl on 01-30-2009 05:53 AM
0 Likes
amylge
Thank you for your responding. I was told that the DVR will still record when it is turned off, you are right about that. But, I don't see anywhere in the manual about how to set up the remote to do that. I have looked through the manual. In fact, when I called tech support, they were unaware that NOT turning it off with the remote was an option.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Here's a link to all the remotes. I think the older Motorola remote can't turn both on & off together. The newer ones do. I have the Motorola remote and I just press the STB button and then the power button and it turns off.

https://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Matcarl is spot on...

press…

1. Press and hold the STB key. 2. While holding down the

STB key, press OK.

3. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.

4. Press
9 - 7 - 7. The STB key will blink twice.

5. One after the other, press each Device Key you want the Power Key to control in the order you want them to turn on or off.

6. Press
OK when done. The STB key will blink 3 times to indicate success in programming. For example, to program the Power Key to turn on or off your TV, AUX and STB, in that order, with one press of
Power, press [STB+OK], [9-7-7], [TV], [AUX], [STB], [OK].

Copied from the manual...

0 Likes
amylge
YAY! That did it. Thank you so  much!
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Smiley Tongue
0 Likes