Remote issue on menu/on demand
trendwatch

I have a problem with the remote on both the dvr and high def boxes with regard to on demand. When trying to scroll, even though i am hitting the button it just freezes then a few seconds later it will move on its own past the desired spot. Super annoying

0 Likes
Re: Remote issue on menu/on demand
Baff
Yes, it is a long time issue, and it is annoying.  For now all you can do is press a button and wait a few seconds to see if it responds before pressing another button.  If you keep pressing buttons, you might order a movie you don't want.
0 Likes
birdistasty
This is a total "duh" question, but have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?  I had the same issues after having the remote for a month.  Changed out the batteries from the ones that came with the remote, and everything's been fine since.
0 Likes
JPaul
This is interesting. I'm still with Time Warner, but looking to switch. I have the same issue with their DVR.  But not with just On Demand.  I happens quite frequently with the guide.  Maybe it is an issue with the DVR itself.  The Time Warner looks the same as the Verizon physically.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The answer to your question is that On Demand comes from the internet so you have to wait for the box to respond to your first remote input. If you hit the remote numerous times it will go past the desired spot. It does not respond immediately there is a delay.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@birdistasty wrote:
This is a total "duh" question, but have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?  I had the same issues after having the remote for a month.  Changed out the batteries from the ones that came with the remote, and everything's been fine since.

Batteries are not the issue.  It is a knownproblem that is supposed to be adressed in "the near future" (that is Verizon time  Smiley Tongue ).

0 Likes