Remote programming issue for Emerson TV
Costanza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I have a new Emerson LCD TV and need the remote code for my  VZ remote.   The TV is model  LC407EM1.

I tried all the codes listed on the website and tried the online chat with no luck.  I get two codes to turn the TV off, but do not turn the TV back on.  Codes that turned the TV off were 0198  and  3218.   I also tried the 922 search and get 2 or 3  times when the TV went off but not back on.

The chat rep told me to contact the TV manufacturer to get the code.  I asked why they would have a code to program a VZ remote.  He said the remotes are universal and they may have changed their code.  He also said the VZ remotes were made in 2006 or 2007 and may not work with all TV's.  Seems like a long time to not get an update to remotes for new codes that may come on the market.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote programming issue for - - Emerson TV LC407EM1
Costanza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Emerson Model  LC407EM1  needs the new P265 remote.  The one with the 2 power buttons.

I tried codes for FUNAI and Sylvania per a VZ rep when I called for tech support with no luck.

I then went to a local VZ store and swapped my 1445302 remote for a P265 remote and I now can turn my TV on and off.  Apparently the 302 remote is 5-7 years old and has old codes.  The new Emerson uses infrared codes that are only two years old, hence the need for an updated universal remote.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Remote programming issue for - - Emerson TV LC407EM1
Costanza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Emerson Model  LC407EM1  needs the new P265 remote.  The one with the 2 power buttons.

I tried codes for FUNAI and Sylvania per a VZ rep when I called for tech support with no luck.

I then went to a local VZ store and swapped my 1445302 remote for a P265 remote and I now can turn my TV on and off.  Apparently the 302 remote is 5-7 years old and has old codes.  The new Emerson uses infrared codes that are only two years old, hence the need for an updated universal remote.

0 Likes