Remote programming problem
dmwesq
Enthusiast - Level 3

I programmed my Fios remote 265 to work with my Vizio tv but it also turns on and off my Sony Blu-ray player when I hit the Tv button. I tried using the code method which says to use 424 but the red light doesn’t blink with that code so I had to use the channel up method. Using the play button does the same thing. How can I program just the tv?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote programming problem
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Other way to test ... unplug the HDMI cable from your Blu-ray player once and see if it still turns on/off when the TV does.   If so, the CEC diagnosis is correct.  

You can turn this feature on/off on. the Vizio usually.   Or ... try moving the Blu-Ray to a different HDMI input on the TV (sometimes the port is labelled ARC).

This feature was intended to allow the TV to remotely control the power on HDMI devices to cause them to turn on when the TV was powered on -- such as for a sound bar or amplifier.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tennisnut15 wrote:

I programmed my Fios remote 265 to work with my Vizio tv but it also turns on and off my Sony Blu-ray player when I hit the Tv button. I tried using the code method which says to use 424 but the red light doesn’t blink with that code so I had to use the channel up method. Using the play button does the same thing. How can I program just the tv?

If you try covering the IR port of the Sony, does the remote still affect it? If so you have to disable CEC on the TV and the Sony player. In that case the TV is sending commands to the Sony, not the remote directly.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Other way to test ... unplug the HDMI cable from your Blu-ray player once and see if it still turns on/off when the TV does.   If so, the CEC diagnosis is correct.  

You can turn this feature on/off on. the Vizio usually.   Or ... try moving the Blu-Ray to a different HDMI input on the TV (sometimes the port is labelled ARC).

This feature was intended to allow the TV to remotely control the power on HDMI devices to cause them to turn on when the TV was powered on -- such as for a sound bar or amplifier.