Remote programming

I have three STB’s, one HD QIP 6200-1 and two HD/DVR QIP 6416-2’S. When I initially signed up with Verizon, I was able to remotely program the two HD/DVR 6416-2’s from my Mac.  After about six months, the feature would intermittently work for both boxes, now it only works for one.    Since they are identical STB models, why does Verizon NOT allow both boxes to be remotely programmed for recordings? 

0 Likes
Re: Remote programming
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello 208016812 ,

I do apologize for the trouble you are having currently, however our remote DVR feature does allow both 6416s to be remotely programmed for recordings. Please check out our link at https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/ for assistance.
For further assistance you can:

1. Unplug the power to the DVR for two minutes then plug the power back in.
If this fails:

2. When your DVR is turned on Press Menu>Scroll down to "Customer Support, then select Self Diagnostics. Under Fios Remote DVR either "Listener 1" or "Listener 2" will be started.

If this fails:

3. Turn off your router for two minutes then turn the router back on.

Shamika_VZ Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes