Remote stopped controlling volume on Yamaha receiver
teegrooving1

I used to be able to control the volume of my TV program through my Yamaha receiver with the Fios remote. Now when I press the aux button the volume of the program displays on the receiver but when I attempt to either increase the volume or decrease it, it switches to display the TV volume on the TV. I have  QIP 6200-2 set box and system release 1.7.1. I didn't have the problem with release 1.7. I have a Panasonic TC-ps42s1 if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote stopped controlling volume on Yamaha receiver
Hubrisnxs
Legend

1) Press and hold the STB key

2) While holding down the STB key, press ok.

3) Release both keys. The device keys will blink twice.

4) Press 9-5-5. The STB key will blink twice

5) Press AUX. THe AUX key will blink 3 times to indicate success in programming.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi teegrooving1, try changing the batteries in your remote control, then you can use 1 of 3 options to reset and reprogram all your devices into the remote. 

1. You can use our In Home Agent (IHA) software  to walk you thru reset/setup. The software may already be on your 

computer if you've spoken to 1 of our tech support reps recently. If not, you can go to verizon.com/inhomeagent to 

download it. Its also helpful for troubleshooting all your services.

2.  You can use the IHA software available thru our Main Menu in the set top box under "Customer Support".

3.  You can go to this site for the full  remote control guide:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It doesn't have anything to do with the cable box,  the remote just lost it's programming ,  you can fix that through the menu. 

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

OPTIONAL: Reprogram How the Channel, Volume and Power Keys Operate HE CHANNEL KEYS

VOL+

tHE VOLUME KEYS , VOL- and Mute always control the TV volume even when you are in STB or DVD modes. (However, the Volume Keys will always control the AUX device when in AUX mode.) This is the way most people will want the remote to work. However, you can change how the Volume Keys work.

If you always want the Volume Keys to control the AUX device …

Some people may want to always adjust the volume using their AUX device (typically a home theater receiver) regardless of the mode they are in.

1. Press and hold the

2. While holding down the

3. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.

4. Press

5. Press

STB key. STB key, press OK. 9 - 5 - 5. The STB key will blink twice. AUX. The AUX key will blink 3 times to indicate success in programming.
Note: To return to controlling the volume via the TV, press

TV in step 5. If you want to control the volume through any device (by pressing a Device Key, then a Volume Key), press OK in step 5. This will also control the volume of your STB in STB mode.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

1) Press and hold the STB key

2) While holding down the STB key, press ok.

3) Release both keys. The device keys will blink twice.

4) Press 9-5-5. The STB key will blink twice

5) Press AUX. THe AUX key will blink 3 times to indicate success in programming.

0 Likes
teegrooving1

Thanks. Pressing the 9-5-5 and the STB key and finally pressing the AUX key solved my problem. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes