Re: Newsy Won't Go Away
TEarly1
Enthusiast - Level 1

You may well be right and I don't want to go all conspiratorial, but I would think a software issue would be consistent among subscribers.  I had no issues until Newsy showed up relatively recently, but also can't confirm the issue with others in my immediate area.  And, yes, they don't care.

0 Likes
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Having been in the software development arena, no, it's not unusual. Depends on a lot of differnt things: what teir are you on? What STB/DVR do you have? How does your package level compare to mine? (not sure if Verizon channels are standard across the nation)

Favorites
scanmike

Favorites 1&2 keep adding random channels and not holding what you list. Just received my second DVR box and still the same problem. I see there are many people with this same problem with no resolution. What is going on?

0 Likes
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I tried removing Newsy (no idea what it is, but irrelevant to the discussion) and it didn't hold, so I tried something else. I went into Favorite Channels 1, removed Newsy (113, 613 seems to behave) then, before exiting, I saved the settings to the cloud. It's held now, not sure for how long.

On the flip side, 1642 is back. It's like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

Re: Removed Channels Keep Reappearing on Favorites List
noidea1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the (growing) list of unhappy customers whose favorites have a mind of their own. I've been through several iterations of clearing, readding the favorites channels and they still keep adding odd channels like newsy, STZ esp and fuse. I suspect that they will deny there is a problem until it magically goes away with a future upgrade. I've been down that road before. Can't wait till my contract runs out.

0 Likes
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I'm impressed, you think there's actually going to be a fix! This thread started in 2017 and there's not a hint of acknowleging that there's a problem.

0 Likes
favorites
v1a9n92

Hello,

When are you guys going to fix the FAVORITES problem? I used to be able to create separate favorites lists. Unable to do that for the last few months.

0 Likes
NZXT

I have two older STB's and both used to hold favorites no problem, I like to put the "normal TV channels" we watch on Favorires 1 and the premium movie channels on Favorites 2. They started messing up a couple years ago and by accident I've been able to freeze the settings on box 1 so they are stable but box 2 exhibits all the problems everyone here complains about. Used to be Favorites 1 was stable but now it's adding/deleting channels on its own and Favorites 2 is unuseable. I work in tech support and it seems incredible to me that when you chatt with their "tech support" they act like they've never heard of this problem! Don't they even read/review their own forums on their own website?

0 Likes
SD STB Not Remembering Favorite Selections on Fav 2
AMTHE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my standard definition STB, I have my basic favorites stored on Fav 1 and have been trying to store only my premium channels on Fav 2. I go through the correct steps in Menu-Settings-System-Favorite Channels-Fav 2-Add or Remove Channels. I deselect everything that isn't one of the premiums and select the premiums showing the heart. Then, I've tried both pressing Exit as well as backing out by reversing the steps I used to get in. Either way, the selections are not saved.  These are both Motorola QIP2500-3 model boxes. Also, somehow channels I don't select wind up there and I can't seem to get rid of them. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

0 Likes
Re: SD STB Not Remembering Favorite Selections on Fav 2
AMTHE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, gee, I just finished reading over 5 pages of the same complaint after writing my post.

This really is inexcusable on Verizon's part. Please, Verizon, post a solution. Your customers' time is valuable. Your reputation as a first-class supplier of television services is one of the reasons that people agree to use your services. I have been with Verizon for over 10 years. Don't make me beg for help. Just help me fix the problem. This is your equipment!

0 Likes