Re: SD STB Not Remembering Favorite Selections on Fav 2
Hamsta1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed this problem by removing all channels from the favorites list in the TV guide favorite settings.  Then I added all of my favorite channels.  Then I had to look at each channel on the add list to make sure no hearts were by any channels I didn't want.  Even though I didn't add some channels they had hearts by them.  I unchecked the hearts of channels I didn't want then hit exit.  It helps to hit the exit button to set everything.  This has worked for now.  I don't know how long my fix will last but I hope for the best!

Re: SD STB Not Remembering Favorite Selections on Fav 2
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Sad to say, been there, done that. I even tried "saving" settings after making changes, then restoring when the channels reappeared. Guess what, after restoring settings those channels were still there, so saving doesn't really work.

What I find interesting, don't know about the rest of you, but my "magic" channels are all either Starz (surprise, surprise) or Spanish language channels (probably because they're pushing them).

One very annoying one is a channel that I never had as a favorite showed up as a favorite, when I read the description it says, "This channel has been removed." Yeah, right.

Face it people Vz doesn't really care about its customers, and this issue should prove it beyond any contention.

0 Likes
Re: Removed Channels Keep Reappearing on Favorites List
Buddy32
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just installed a replacement DVR and the Favorites were messed up coming out of the box.  Favorites 2 is the worst of course.  I've Removed them all mutltiple times but any time I make a change to Favorites 1, i might end up with a long list of random channels in Favorites 2.  In Favorites 1 I get random channel additions (usually 363 a Starz channel) and channel deletions (usually 613 Newsy).    Seems like they could figure this one out and fix it but haven't made the effort.

0 Likes
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Other than monitoring this forum to make sure no one uses "the wrong words" they don't pay attention to complaints, and don't really care about problems. When I call all they want to do is get me to upgrade to one of their more expensive DVR's claiming that will fix the problem. Will they guarantee it? Nope. 

0 Likes
Buddy32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well 48 hours after installing the replacement DVR, the favorites are messed up just like the previous DVR.  Channels 113 and 613 is blocked from Favorites.  Favorites 1 may or may not include some random channels.  They may show up when flipping through channels but maybe they won't.  Can't use Favorites 2 so I've deleted all channels from 2.  That doesn't mean their are never any channels listed in 2, sometimes the list is huge, sometimes small, sometimes empty.  Just painful to deal with.

0 Likes
Channels added to Favorite Channels
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

A couple days ago I was going through the Favorite Channels guide on one of our boxes and noticed a couple of new channels there.   I figured my sister or my mother might have added them but they really don't know how the channel guide works, or how much any of the set top boxes work.  I went to one of these new channels, I selected the Options button and scrolled down to the option to Add or Remove the channel, but it shows the Add option, not the Remove option.  I selected Menu - Settings - System - Favorite Channels, all the channels I added are there, with the red heart, but these other "mystery" channels are not.  I checked another set top box and noticed there were also "new" channels added to the Favorites.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of glich in the network.

0 Likes
Buddy32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now the Favorites infection has moved from the HD STB to my SD STB boxes.  The issues their seem to center around channel 113 NEWSY.

0 Likes
Re: Favorites messed up
JanL2

I have been unable to program in Favorites for almost a year.  Once I enter them, within an hour or two, they are gone and every single darn channel is on the lists.  Absolutely ridiculous.

0 Likes
Buddy32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like they might have done something late last week.  All my issues with Favorites 1 have vanished.  Stations that I couldn't add can be added now.  Stations that aren't favorites don't show up in the guide.  No issues at all for 2 days.  Haven't tried Favorites 2 yet, but I'm hopeful that this worry is over.

0 Likes
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not so convinced. The stations I have been complaining about (mostly spanish language stations) are gone, but I did nothing. I am thinking they were promoting the stations and that promotion is now over. I'll wait to see if anything pops up on it's own before I'm convinced.

0 Likes